Thread: When its time to upgrade to race valve?

Junior SCH Member

When its time to upgrade to race valve?

Iv been blowing of my throttle to charger elbow, i think the boch stock valve met its limits,when i ride below 5psi to about 8psi everything is fine, when i smack it thats when the trouble starts,i want to get the vortech race bov two bolt direct fitment for the elbow. i will like some research on this problem first, i know some one when thru this already.thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You need to use better clamps. Use T-bolt clamps. The valve is closed when under boost so I do not see how that could be the problem your just putting more pressure at a higher boost than the engine can inhale and it is backing up causing things to expand and your clamps are not strong enough.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the advice speedy, this valve i think is for 7psi,i will like to run higher boost safely but im limited rigth now, and i now i could run higher boost,but i dont want to hurt the charger, my combo is--302forge piston with girdle--185AFR---trickflowR intake--1.6R.r---75mm acufa. throtlebody--42pd injectors--anderson pipe---80mm mas air---msd BTM--longtubes--h-pipe--flowmasters--5speed--i will like someone who did the vortech race valve change,and took that plastic thing out.and what benefit came out of the change, thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I have a race valve and the benefit is more air can be released faster to allow the pressure to be released and not put additional pressure on the impeller when the throttle closes. What trouble are you having under more boost.