Thread: Fuel system requirements for an 01 GT w/ Procharger

92stanglx

Fuel system requirements for an 01 GT w/ Procharger

have an '01 Mustang GT that I am planning on adding a Procharger to. I will be running 8-10 lbs of boost (start with 8) through a 3 row intercooler into a stock motor.

I am planning on installing 42lb injectors as well. Do I need to add an adjustable fuel regulator? Will the stock pump be enough to support this setup? If not, I was thinking of adding a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump. Will this work on my setup?

I'm not used to dealing with this returnless fuel system stuff so any advice would be greatly appreciated

SCH Member
    You don't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but you do need at least a 255lph in-tank pump.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The Cobra fuel pump kit seems to be the best on the returnless fuel systems. Boost-A-Pump(Stay away from the MSD version. Junk) is nice but have heard from my locals that they have not had a good life record. IF you tune with that and it goes out you will be going lean...Fast. I try to avoid anything additional that could cause problems on a daily driver. Go with a bigger pump or the internal dual pumps. Walbro pumps have a good service record.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 2001 Gt and you can go a couple different routes. You can go with a svt ford focus pump that is a direct replacement for the stock pump. It will fit with no modifications, but you can't go into boost under 1/4 tank of gas because the pump could be sucked dry because there are no baffles in the tank. You could also go with a 03-04 Cobra tank with dual pumps which has the baffles in the tank and would be good for around 500 + hp. Hope this helps!

Junior SCH Member
    I would suggest a Ford GT supercar fuel pump 310lph. And you will need one set colder stark plugs. NGK TR6 and they can be found at LethalPerformance.com or a auto store. A Ford GT supercar pump and a Kenne Bell BAP( what i am doing) will be enough fuel for 10psi and you wont have to worry about it. Like stated above a Cobra tank would be best but pricey. If you can go with a Cobra tank thats great and a 40amp BAP with that would be even better!