Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dyno #'s are in

Thread: Dyno #'s are in

Junior SCH Member

Dyno #'s are in

Well I finally got my car on a dyno for tune on Sat. I had an Autologic chip w/ a tune on it from my last motor ( which melted down in SEPT 02) The new combo was running well and I wasn't sure there was much left to get out of it. I rolled on the dyno with 420rwhp and 415 rwtq. After 5 or so pulls I developed a ticking noise from the valvetrain. I pulled the pass side v/c to look for a loose rocker or something. They were all good except the # 2 felt a little spongy. I'm thinking a lifter is taking a crap on me. The noise went away when I put the V/c back on Anyways I ended up with 470+rwhp and 430+rwtq . I'm sure there was more left in it, I just was a little worried about the lifter. All these #'s were on 91 octane pump gas, 10deg initial, 0 boost retard, 11#'s of boost and 12.0- a/f ratio. The car felt strong BEFORE the tune, now it's feels monstrous The only down side is I'm having a couple of driveability issues, which I hope to take care of soon. I'll try to post a link to the charts later today. Maybe I'll go back in a few weeks with a tank of 100 and shoot for the magical 500rwhp mark
    95 Zero option GTS. D.S.S 8.8-1 Bullet 306,S-Trim, Power Pipe, 6037's, TFS 2 cam, Perf RPM U/L, 70mm T/B, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's.

Let me guess, You car is surging while driving it and it stalls when you come to a stop. Is that the issues you are having?

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.
    Dyno: 496 RWHP. & 422 RWT. (SAE Corrected)
    MY WEBSITE: Click Here
    ww.ModularFords.com -4V Forum Moderator

Junior SCH Member
    You should really be a mind reader You nearly nailed it right on the head. You been through this before?
    95 Zero option GTS. D.S.S 8.8-1 Bullet 306,S-Trim, Power Pipe, 6037's, TFS 2 cam, Perf RPM U/L, 70mm T/B, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's.

Senior SCH Member
    Here ya go mark:(figured I'd post it here also)

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks, I was just going to post the link. The actual corrected #'s are a bit lower than the ones I saw @ the dyno. Oh well I'm still pretty happy. I think it's time for AFR's

Originally posted by BlownGTS
    You should really be a mind reader You nearly nailed it right on the head. You been through this before?
    Yep I sure have. Now for my next guess................ Your chip was either tuned by JMS via mail order, or the tuner that did your chip is using JMS files.

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.

Junior SCH Member
    Well it wasn't a mail order chip. I honestly don't know if he used JMS files or not. He did mention it a few times, so maybe?

Originally posted by BlownGTS
    Well it wasn't a mail order chip. I honestly don't know if he used JMS files or not. He did mention it a few times, so maybe?
    Some tuners have Autologic software that was sold to them by JMS. This allows them to burn the chips at thier facility using pre-made programs from JMS. There are also others that have the real deal setup and can do their own thing. I would suggest calling your shop and finding out what the deal is. The bottom line is that if you paid for the car to be tuned then it needs to go back and be fixed. I had these exact same problems and you can see by my sig that I am now using a superchip wich was tuned correctly. Hope this helps a bit.;)

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

SCH Member
    I will be setting up my car soon when I finish getting the motor in there. I have a PMS that I was going to install, do you think I would be better off having a custom chip burned?
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Originally posted by blownaway
    I will be setting up my car soon when I finish getting the motor in there. I have a PMS that I was going to install, do you think I would be better off having a custom chip burned?
    I think the PMS route is a better choice for your car.

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

Senior SCH Member
    Yea use the PMS...I don't like chips b/c your stuck with one set-up. And here in Houston, the weather changes in a matter of minutes. I am constantly changing, I love my PMS for that.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator

SCH Member
    I am reading the book right now, luckily I work on cars for a living and just happen to specialize in electronics and computer controls. I can't say that I usually get to actually change to computer parameters though, This could be a good time. O.K, Can I eliminate my boost retard and? what else....HMMMM. By the way, I have a C&L Meter with 36pound injectors and proper sample tube
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Senior SCH Member
    42lb injectors and take out the FMU also.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator