Thread: HELP with my novi 1000 set up, pulleys and what size injectors

Junior SCH Member

Question HELP with my novi 1000 set up, pulleys and what size injectors

I just got a car with a single belt 1000. The engine was pretty much gone so we took everything apart. I have idea what the condition is but when it was on the car it boosted fine for the engine having low oil pressure. at idle it would whistle a little no other funky noises. It has a 2.75 blower pulley and a 6.5 crank (unsure of how much boost that will make). I have a rebuilt 302, tw heads, cobra intake, smaller pulleys. So these 19lb's on an fmu is out of the question. I was looking to get 42's but would the mass that came with the kit work with them if it was tuned? also what size belt do you use on a single set up with out the smog? please help.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It will work with a chip or get a meter for 42lb injectors which will also be larger in diameter. 73mm or larger is best so that you will not have a inlet restriction. Power-Pipe would allow the Blower to breath better and usually increases boost by 1-2psi.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    It will work with a chip or get a meter for 42lb injectors which will also be larger in diameter. 73mm or larger is best so that you will not have a inlet restriction. Power-Pipe would allow the Blower to breath better and usually increases boost by 1-2psi.
    so I could use the 73mm that came with it and use a chip or tweecer and it could run 42s?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Yes, but figure on $300+. Not always sure if it is worth it when every time you make a change you should have the chip reprogrammed.

I would try and use the proper 42# calibrated meter. I had that exact set up on my h/c/i 5.0 and ran 11.60's 122. I really liked that NOVI when I had it.

I saw 11#'s of boost with that pulley combo.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph