Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
sn-2000 pulley
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sn-2000 pulley

Junior SCH Member

sn-2000 pulley

does anyone have any idea as to where i could get a smaller pulley for my sn-2000 for my rebuild this winter. I want more than 6lbs of boost. I checked paradise wheels website and it wasnt much help

Senior SCH Member
    ASP is where i got my 8 rib pulley system. You need to change your impeller to the modified sn impeller with curved blades. I think upgrading to the improved impeller gives you about 8psi. I get a consistant 8.5-9psi with my SN with this impeller. I had a VR4 but I had ton's of issues trying to get the thing working correctly. So, I sold it, got a NX kit with a 75 shot and it' s golden. But now, I"m looking for some turbo exhaust manifolds to fit my Z and possibly doing a Twin Turbo setup. We will see!

Junior SCH Member
    so basically theres no one that sells just a replacement pulley for more boost. Ive done some research and ive been told that the blower i have will support up to 20lbs. Is this wrong?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Wrong on the 20lbs. 20lbs is a Novi 2000 not a SN2000. 8psi will be about max with the stock impeller and using a 3.75" blower pulley.

Junior SCH Member
    man that sucks my ballz.... im going to have to contact the jerk i bought this from and send him some hate mail. so what and or who should i get ahold of to get more than 8lbs and with what impeller

To really get even close to 10-14lb you need a VR4 kit which you will need to find used and plan on spending $700 to get it.

Junior SCH Member
    hmmmm................well since im going with a fully forged .060 over lt1 i hate to say it but i may to go with a VORTECH..........im kinda leaning towards a YSI or even a t-trim.

Both are good units for top rpm power but I would get a Novi2K. Seems that on the Dyno the Novi has a better curve from its impeller design.

Junior SCH Member
    well my only problem is do they even make that for an lt1 f-body? id be more than willing to stick with paxton but i have the setupfor the sn's and i dont want to have to change all everything if i dont have to. Could i just buy a new NOVI compressor?

I was thinking they did for the Slomaro and Firechicken,I put one on a 93 Corvette which was a LT1. No you need to replace the bracket the 'SN' unit will not work.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    I was thinking they did for the Slomaro and Firechicken,I put one on a 93 Corvette which was a LT1. No you need to replace the bracket the 'SN' unit will not work.
    They don't make any Novi brackets for the LT1 F-bodys. Not positive about the Corvette but the LT1 vette uses a completely different accessory bracket mounted on the opposite side of the block. I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to fab up a mounting bracket though if you had a template to work off of for the supercharger end and then just measuring out the drill the holes on the mounting side using a sheet of aluminum. Then use 1/2 inch black pipe cut to length to get the right alignment height for the pulleys to match up.

I am shocked since they are the same company that they don't offer the bracket. So are you looking at the T or YSI and what are the differences on the boost mapping. Even a forged engine can handle what 10psi with the stock compression without lowering the timing so much that it makes no since to go higher on the boost with 93 octane. What are your current thoughts?

Junior SCH Member
    The stock compression on a LT1 is 10.4:1. The highest somewhat safe boost level to use is around 6 PSI without using a nice size intercooler or water/alky injection. I would recommend anyone planning on using a higher level than 8 PSI and wanting the engine to last a while, to lower that compression.
    Last edited by Formulalt1; 10-19-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    What about a Vortech bracket, the bolt patern could be close if not the same as a Novi 1000/2000 so I heard ?
    My friends stock '97 LT1 Transam has a SN 89 and it is bolted on the driverside lower bottom, that is the only place to put it.
    He sees 5 psi with the stock pulley and impeller btw
    According to these guys http://web.camaross.com/forums/index.php
    They use either the Paxton SN types or ATI Procharger.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde
    What about a Vortech bracket, the bolt patern could be close if not the same as a Novi 1000/2000 so I heard ?
    My friends stock '97 LT1 Transam has a SN 89 and it is bolted on the driverside lower bottom, that is the only place to put it.
    He sees 5 psi with the stock pulley and impeller btw
    According to these guys http://web.camaross.com/forums/index.php
    They use either the Paxton SN types or ATI Procharger.
    Yeah, there is no room besides that area hanging right over the rack & pinion. If the blower end of the bolts match up from a vortech bracket, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to run a Novi.