Thread: installation questions

Junior SCH Member

installation questions

I am about to install my NOVI 1000 on my 91LX. I have no smog pump. Its not a delete kit, there just is no smog pump. I also have an A/C delete kit without the idler pulley. This is the kit that relocates the power steering pump up.
    I have also heard that you can keep the alt up top, which I would like to do. The instructions I have are for a stock car with stock accy's. Does anyone have instructions to install the novi 1000 on my engine? A belt number would be great also.
    My novi is run by a separate belt. It is pulley'd for stock boost as of right now. What pulleys do I need to run the max boost w/out running out of the effeciency of the blower? I am also installing a UPR powerpipe.
    My combo's basics
    gt40P heads, ported to a 1262
    performer rpm intake, port matched to heads(1262)
    stock longblock
    b-cam
    70mm tb
    80mm maf
    42#injectors

Well...

You have to get a Smog idler to do have the power steering, because you need to keep the acc belt up higher so the tensioner pulley doesnt rub the water pump pulley.

To do what you want to do you need a 93 Cobra water pump pulley (smaller) and a larger PS pulley from a T bird 3.8. I have only had success with that set up using those pulley's and I have done it 4 times now. It is the same for Vortech and Paxton.

I have seen it done other ways like by using only one bolt in the ps pump so it can be swiveled and I have also seen where guys grind the nub off the back of the tensioner and rotate it to make it work. Both of these ways may work for awhile but I would question the reliability of them.

Get the blower on and see where you get and come back with questions when you run into problems.

There is endless info on this board about the NOVI 1K do searches and you will see.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph