Thread: watch for used novi systems part 2

Junior SCH Member

watch for used novi systems part 2

why did you shut the board down 88 cobra ??? do you have something to hide??? let the people know the truth!!!
    i just got off the phone with kelly at paxton and he said there is nothing wrong with my head unit!! even that i have pics and a movie of it And witness that have seen and(( heard)) it!!!! and to top it off i was as nice as could be but he still hung up on me after i told him to hold the head unit till i talked to muscle motors (company i bought it from) i just got off the phone with jake (muscle motors)he said that he was told i was rude !!!! ( i wasnt !! i have nothing to gain with them by being that way only to loose)!!!!so jake was going to talk to them about it so ill keep you all informed on whats going on!!!!chad

ps im sorry i didnt return every bodies e-mails to many to get back to but i will post here and corral and stangnet and any other sight i can think of to let every body know THE QUILTY THAT PAXTON IS PUTTING OUT THESE DAYS !!! chad

Chad, I am the administrator, one of the moderators and I discussed the thread and decided it ran its course. The thread was closed, not deleted, you can still read it.

I have never talked to Kelly myself, but I would think if he hung up on you, he was not very happy.

Jack is a member and a sponsor of this site, I will ask him to post any info if he has it.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    sounds perfect to me!!! i just feel that you souldnt have closed it !!!!im waiting to have my facts before i post any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! itsnt that what i should do????

Easy on the ! please :)

The thread was very long, and I thought the issue was closed for now.

Keep the facts straight and keep calm, that is the way to get service.

Ian

my 2 cents!

Imho, I think kelly is under alot of pressure. It seems that he is the go to guy for everything. I too have spoken with Kelly, and have been very frusterated with him, but I believe the guy is doing the best he can with the given circumstances. I'm not defending him, but I totally know how you feel. As far as haning up on you, that is unacceptable unless you where involved in an un-buisness like exchange of words. Remember, he's not against you, he is working at your disposal. I really belive that the man has ton's of pressure on his shoulders. The marks in the impellar are no doubt balancing marks. If i got a crank back from the machine shop with no holes in the bottom of it I would be very cautious. Cast items such as the impellars on the novi 2k's are not perfect when produced! To think that somebody took the time to machine away some extra weight on one side of my impeller is piece of mind. Plus, there is a warranty! Like i said, I can fully understand your frustration. You can look back and read my old posts. I was not the happiest customer. I've even spoken with the general manager at paxton, and I am convinced that I am in good hands. I would suggest that if you are concerned that bad to go with another company.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    well i might have to go to another company if things are not delt with! that is not myonly cocern (impeller) yes ive been building engines and cars for 15 years this is just a case of quillty control!! thats it i bought a system a year ago (same thing and had no problems at all !! im talking cosmetic and mechical problems!! tolarances !! as for the warrenty you better read yours real close!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did thats why i sent it back before i hooked it !!! read all of it then youll see why i sent it back!! as for kelly im sorry there is no reason for it!! if he cant handle the job go find some one that can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt get loud or use any foul words just kept on listening to him like he was reading from a book every time he"d answer me!!! i still dont have a answer about the scratches on the back like the inlet tube was hooked up to it and the hose clamp was rubbing on it!!! all i got was it is the same thing as whats on my car and this is normal!! well sorry ididnt pay for a second hand copy i payed for a new system thats all i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like i said this isnt my first paxton novi 2000 system i bought IT MAY BE MY LAST IF THIS IS THE WAY I GET TREATED WHEN YOU BRING SOMETHING TO THERE ATTENTION this is why im writing on web sites so all here about it!! thanks for the reply ill keep you in formed !! chad

Junior SCH Member
    sorry ian will try and keep my writings short im just waiting to have facts before wasting every bodies time i work for a living just like every body else to and money is hard to come buy!!!! chad

Thank you Chad, Jack is currently working with Paxton to see what they can do.

Ian

Here goes my .02 worth. My problem with your posts is that you do not want to listen to anybody with a valid explanation. Your airing of dirty laundry on every forum you can find is not the proper way to resolve a problem. Your original post was on 11-15-02. Today is 11-20-02. That is not very much time to resolve an issue like this(especially since there was a weekend in there). Paxton cannot just send you another kit just because you say there are some scratches on your kit. You need to return the unit to them so they can inspect it. Your previous thread was closed because it served no further purpose. It was not deleted, it was closed. I work in the automotive field amd sometimes a customer's problem cannot be fixed in 10 minutes or even a couple of days. I cannot speak for Kelly because I was not involved in your conversation with him, but judging but your posts, you seem very exciteable. I think hanging up on a customer is not acceptable, but just because he works for Paxton does not mean he has to take somebody being rude to him. Here is my personal advice. Remember that Kelly is there to help the customer, not get rid of the customer. If you treat him with the same level of respect that you would like to be treated with, then I am sure your problem will be resolved. The next conversation you have with Kelly, ask him how he can HELP you and be prepared to listen. Sorry about the long post
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

[QUi came in here as a guest only to read about how people will bad mouth Paxton without even knowing what they are talking about.... The post that catches my eye the most is the one about the drilling of the impellars... OTE]
    This is a quote from Bob Kurgen. I would trust him to explain the balancing holes on our impellers. He has probably forgotten more about the Novi line of superchargers than we will ever learn.
    Doug

Junior SCH Member
    well doug thanks for your 2 cents! and if i didnt state it write i did send my head unit back to paxton!!!and(((( i)))) payed for it i talked to kelly about more than just the impeller and sctatch on the unit i just didnt want to type every little thing about this because ive been asked to keep it short!! i also have been in the automotive field for 15 years this has nothing to do with my problem DOUG there are alot of problems with out even takening the head unit apart all he has to do is look at it and spin by hand this thing has noise and spins better than most altnators ive installed on cars!!! as for bob kurgen what does he have to do with my problem ??? im not have a tuning problem or a install problem !!!!! we are talking about a QUILTY CONTROL PROBLEM !!!!!! but thanks for you 2 cents !!!!DOUG

Junior SCH Member
    As the owner of Chad's last car (and the previous NOVI 2000 he bought) I think I would feel the same way if the company I was dealing with was not sharing my concerns over possible issues with a $3400 kit! If I ever have problems with this one I just hope that there's someone there to listen and help out with a positive and helpfull attitude...I've worked in Sales for more than 6 years. I have only hung up on ONE customer, and it was because he got hostile and started swearing.... unless something similar happened I don't see any valid reason for him to hang up..... Good luck Chad, see you at Bradenton!

Chad,
    Let me get this straight. You have sent the unit back to Paxton. I am sure it hasn't arrived yet. Paxton hasn't told you that they would not help you. Your original thread stated that Paxton was selling used blowers and calling them new blowers. Now you are saying that it is a case of quality control. Which is it. You are slandering a company by saying that they are committing FRAUD. That is my problem. You are not stating the exact facts. I can understand being upset that you don't have your blower and it can't be on your car so you can enjoy it. My only point is that you are going about correcting your problem in the WRONG way. Your original thread was locked because it no longer served a USEFUL purpose. This thread does not serve a useful purpose anymore either. It can be read by anyone who cares to read it. I wish you well with getting your car running.
    Doug