Thread: crank pulley

Senior SCH Member

Post crank pulley

if i were to change my crank pulley to a 8 inch , what is the difference in the non-underdrive pulley and the underdrive pulley , which would have more clearance with the stock water pump? Will i need to change my water pump or what? I see on superchargersonline they sell both or they have a pulley package with supercharger pulley also for about $35 more with a 3.00 head unit pulley and a 8 inch crank pulley. I usually try and shift about 5800 , would that put me about the limmit of the 1000 ? (about 54000, i think with a 8 inch crank and a 3.00 pulley?) what would be my best bet on this? Just thinking of some winter upgrades. thanks , Rich

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrsrich302
    if i were to change my crank pulley to a 8 inch , what is the difference in the non-underdrive pulley and the underdrive pulley , which would have more clearance with the stock water pump? Will i need to change my water pump or what? I see on superchargersonline they sell both or they have a pulley package with supercharger pulley also for about $35 more with a 3.00 head unit pulley and a 8 inch crank pulley. I usually try and shift about 5800 , would that put me about the limmit of the 1000 ? (about 54000, i think with a 8 inch crank and a 3.00 pulley?) what would be my best bet on this? Just thinking of some winter upgrades. thanks , Rich
    You would have more clearance with the underdrive one. Soemone else probably knows the best pulley combo though...
    1993 Mustang LX
    Reef Blue, 5spd, too much to list!

1993 Mustang GT SOLD :(
    Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

12.774@111.147 with a 1.90 60ft on Nittos and 3000 rpm launch :)

Senior SCH Member
    so as i am trying to check on this pulley , am i seeing that what i need is to stay around about 50,000 rpm on the head unit? do i need about maximum at what rpm i shift at or a little after ?