Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
UPR Boostmaster intake pipe?

Thread: UPR Boostmaster intake pipe?

Junior SCH Member

UPR Boostmaster intake pipe?

Does anyone know if the 4" UPR Boostmaster intake pipe will fit a SN92? I don't remember the inlet on the back of the blower being 4", but I'm not sure.

Here's the link:

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=556

Thanks.

Jeff

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    The intake of a SN type is 3 something inch and the VR4 is 4 inch.
    But it won't hurt to use a bigger and most importand SMOOTHER pipe.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    If it comes with a rubber spacer you should be fine. Before I went to the VR4 my SN used a spacer (additional rubber piece) that you attach to the blower inlet before installing the pipe. I've got an older boostmaster cast aluminum unit and you could feel a difference given you go with a larger maf unit.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm still using a 75mm (I think) pro-m MAF, it's definitely not the big one. I don't expect to see a huge increase in power, but I would like to get rid of my dryer-hose, and move the MAF to the inner fender. Even with my air-filter cover in the engone compartment, I think I still have some fanwash that causes some surging.

Thanks.

Jeff

Junior SCH Member
    I originally had a c&l meter before later upgrading to the 80mm pro m. All I know it you could feel a difference even moving the c&l into the fender with the power pipe. I didn't have have dyno numbers till I later installed the vr4 so I don't have anything on paper to show.