Thread: WTB: Vortech XX Trim Supercharger

Junior SCH Member

WTB: Vortech XX Trim Supercharger

Looking for a new or as new Vortech XX trim blower. May also consider a F1R or F2.

Junior SCH Member
    theres one on racingjunk.com search superchargers

Junior SCH Member
    I talked to that guy this afternoon. He claims it's a XX but it is marked X. I called Vortech and there is no way to tell with out taking it apart. I just can't take the chance that it's not a XX trim. It is a good price though.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg D
    I talked to that guy this afternoon. He claims it's a XX but it is marked X. I called Vortech and there is no way to tell with out taking it apart. I just can't take the chance that it's not a XX trim. It is a good price though.
    how fast are you looking to go? I have been 8.0s with a single x-trim.. just curious.
    www.kurganmotorsports.com
    WINNING races with AEM, PMS, FAST, and EPEC

N.M.R.A.
    2004 EFI Renegade B.G. Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Bradenton Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Kansas City Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade RT 66 Runner-Up
    2006 Drag Radial Reynolds, GA Champion
    2006 Drag Radial B.G. Champion

Email Bob@Kurganmotorsports.com or visit www.kurganmotorsports.com with your mustang needs!

Junior SCH Member
    I figure I need 1350 HP to break into the 7's with my car. I have my BBC with a YSI on the dyno now and it only made 1182 HP. The YSi is just about all in so I need to move up to a bigger blower. The X trim is not that much more powerful than my YSI. I should be able to get real close to 1400 with a XX trim.

Dang, 8.0 is FLYING!

SCH Member
    it made 1122rwhp and went 8.20s... i am running through a 6800rpm stall converter on a BFG drag radial.. 3380lbs and 171mph.. x-trim..

good luck!
    www.kurganmotorsports.com
    WINNING races with AEM, PMS, FAST, and EPEC

N.M.R.A.
    2004 EFI Renegade B.G. Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Bradenton Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Kansas City Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade RT 66 Runner-Up
    2006 Drag Radial Reynolds, GA Champion
    2006 Drag Radial B.G. Champion

Email Bob@Kurganmotorsports.com or visit www.kurganmotorsports.com with your mustang needs!

Junior SCH Member
    my buddy talked to that guy with the xx trim also and he said that he had them do it so he could run in a certain class. So ya thatd be up to you though. Maybe if you went with a bigger stall and dropped some car weight itd work perfect.

Junior SCH Member
    My car is already as light as I can get it. Fiberglass doors, lexan side windows that rool up and down (still glass in the windshield and rear glass) fiberglass bumpers, fiberglass hood and trunklid etc..... I could use a higher stall converter to help out I guess.
    I might just end up keeping what I have and seeing just what it'll do of O can't find a deal on a XX trim.
    Thanks for the info.