Thread: S-trim to T-trim Conversion

Junior SCH Member

S-trim to T-trim Conversion

Anyone know if this is possible and how much it costs? I presume the impeller switch is the major modification? I have a S-Trim, 8-rib set up and would like to go with a T-Trim if possible.

I have called Vortech about this, I think if you have the S-Trim with heavy duty bearings they can upgrade it to a T-Trim, if not you have to buy a new head unit. They will take the S-Trim and give you credit for it, but you may be better off selling it here or on E-bay. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

You can do it call vortech for recent prices
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I had my V-2 SQ S trim, upgraded to a T trim, about 2 years ago, price was about $1050.00, call vortech and tell them you want the upgrade, they will ask for the serial number ohh the head unit, and give you a return authorazation number, oh and the part that hurts, method of payment.:cry:

I had my V1 S-trim converted to a T-trim for 600 because I told them to only replace the Volute and impeller. That's the main difference between the 2. They replaced the rear seal for free.

Well 2 weeks later that seal started leaking. I sent it back and they said it needed a total rebuild because I broke a belt ripped the seal it leaked and some a piece of belt material got lodged in side and ruined the gears etc. Also the the case needed replace because the seal wouldn't seal.

So they charge me another 600 in parts. But I got all new HD parts, gears, shafts, seals, bearings and even a new case. The only thing reused was the T-trim volute and impeller I had from the conversion.

It ended up costing 1200 but I have a completely new Heavy Duty T-trim. Not a converted S-trim. Not to bad once I think of it that way lol.
    **2000 GT 665/540 SUPERCHARGED SOHC 2V 281ci V8 @20PSI 7K RPM**
    DYNO VID ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uOS732mdA

Junior SCH Member

called yesterday

they want $1208.00 to upgrade mine to a t trim.