Thread: Added 8 inch crank pulley

Senior SCH Member

Question Added 8 inch crank pulley

I have added an 8 inch crank pulley now, how do i determine the correct size injector now? I know (close) to what the car was running with stock pulley about 5 lb boost and about 400 hp at the wheels or close. I am currently using 24lb inj, with an FMU. From what i read on here i should just go to 42lb inj.?? Its above the B.S.F.C. rating. What is the best for drivabilty and over all performance?? If i go with the 42 lb'ers will my start up and fuel econ suffer? ( not that i really care about fuel economy) I see alot of people go with this injector but is it to allow more room to grow with their setup? I ,like everyone else will keep adding to my setup at some point in time,just dont want to buy something i will have to upgrade later when i can do it now.

Senior SCH Member
    this is sorta a repost but i always like to double check anything i do!!

The 42's will work nicely. Once its tuned with the same A/F ratio as you have now the fuel economy should be the same, because the injector duty cycle will be lower than with the smaller injectors.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph