Thread: Tuning issues

Junior SCH Member

Tuning issues

Could anyone explain why one side of plugs are lean and other side rich? I have a S Trim on a Windsor. I think it could be running to rich. could it be to much fuel? Please help.

92stanglx
    What is your setup?

Junior SCH Member

Tunning Issues

First off my set up consists of: 351W approx 475-500 hp C4 4000 Stall 3" exhaust 70mm t-body 80mm mass air Aeromotive 1000 pump 42# injectors. I ran a 11.65 @ 117 before S Trim, after S Trim 11.18 @ 117 but a 1.46 60foot. Than I check plugs one side is rich and one side lean. I know there is a low ten with this combo I guess I need to bring it to a tuner to sort it out. What input can anyone give thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Sounds like the lean side might have a exhaust leak causing that O2 to come up with a different mixture for that side of injectors.

Junior SCH Member

Rich lean condition ???

Yes that does make sense about the exhaust leak. Some one mentioned that a C and L meter needs to be contained in a box. My meter is a 80mm and just mated to a power pipe. Any one ever here of that? They also mentioned that the meter is probably sending a bad readind to and from the computer .

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I ran my C&L 80mm meter for 5+ years attached to the end of a Power Pipe with a 8" filter attached. I just would clock it till I had a nice idle and off idle rpm with no stumble.