Thread: New D2 Best

Junior SCH Member

New D2 Best

Yes, some of us are still trying to use the D2. I recently changed heads, intake and cam and put my older D2 Procharger back on. The D2 is driven by a 12 rib belt not a cog belt so it slips a lot at high rpm. I also put my 3 inch exhaust back on (hooker max flow mufflers). Another change was I'm using a large air-water in car intercooler. First pass was an 8.8 and I was pretty happy but upon reviewing the FAST data log I noticed the tune was way off. The tune I was using was for my F2 Procharger which I'd taken off the car because It was throwing belts. Well, the recorded data indicated I was running very rich and not running enough timing so I corrected those 2 areas using my laptop. Next pass was an 8.44 at 159mph then I backed it up with an 8.42 at just under 160mph--awesome for a D2 procharger with a rib belt. The thing is I have a smaller pulley for the D2 which in the past has been good for another 3 tenth's. I think next time I'll try it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;)

Junior SCH Member
    HOLY SH*%!!!!!! Great job!

Didn't you have a D2-r at one time? I have one and am curious what its potential is?

What's your combo? Thanks and awesome :machine:

Quote Originally Posted by KevinL
    Yes, some of us are still trying to use the D2. I recently changed heads, intake and cam and put my older D2 Procharger back on. The D2 is driven by a 12 rib belt not a cog belt so it slips a lot at high rpm. I also put my 3 inch exhaust back on (hooker max flow mufflers). Another change was I'm using a large air-water in car intercooler. First pass was an 8.8 and I was pretty happy but upon reviewing the FAST data log I noticed the tune was way off. The tune I was using was for my F2 Procharger which I'd taken off the car because It was throwing belts. Well, the recorded data indicated I was running very rich and not running enough timing so I corrected those 2 areas using my laptop. Next pass was an 8.44 at 159mph then I backed it up with an 8.42 at just under 160mph--awesome for a D2 procharger with a rib belt. The thing is I have a smaller pulley for the D2 which in the past has been good for another 3 tenth's. I think next time I'll try it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;)
    93 Notch/364 Dart 8.2/AOD-e/3.73
    Novi 2000 with Cogs

SCH Member
    Excellent times!!

Junior SCH Member
    Update: Car now tuned and runs 8.36-8.39@165mph with the D2 and 12 rib belt.