Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ball driver

Thread: Ball driver

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

Ball driver

How much wear can a balldriver handle ?
    I mean every SN Paxton I open the balldrive shows marks of where the balls touch I also seen it on my own VR4 after 1 year +/- 4000 miles.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Senior SCH Member
    I don't think anyone has done a proper, instrumented, run-to-failure test on it. It's going to be determined by load and time in use. One could generally predict the more force you put on the driver, the shorter its lifespan but, no way you could detemine actual #s.

Mine shows some wear, too but, it still works at stock loads, that's all I can say.

F=MA

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I have over 200k+ miles combined on all my VR4s and wear does not seem to hurt performance unless you have a parts failure.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    No parts failure on mine, I was just wandering.
    I will install a new set of balls while I am in there and close it up again.
    I am doing a Aluminum head and new cam/intake swap right now and I had it out on the workbench, Also going to a 10 rib pulley settup, acording to this picture, can you say beltdust ? :shocked:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw