Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rotrex supercharger

Thread: Rotrex supercharger

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

Rotrex supercharger

Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I spoke with the manufacture when at SEMA about buying the head units only. Now that the Holidays are over I will get a unit to test and get some real data when the unit is really worked hard. I have seen the unit used on a Porsche 911 and nothing but praise from the owner but then that is a small engine driven daily but never really pushed.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Good idea.
    I have seen them before here in Europe on BMW's but those are small engines as well, so that's why they also swell twin kits.
    Inside they have the same principe as the Paxton balldrive but then more sophisticated.
    Keep us updated.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Well I got hold of them today and forget that product. The reference for past buyers was not what I would have given someone. I got hold of two owners and they did not really give the product a wonderful endorsement. One is on a Acura NSX and he said it makes a lot less power than the Vortech kit he took off the car and he has the largest unit. I don't see how they are making power on that full size Chevy truck in the ad. The other has it on a Toyota Celica GTS and says it just does not pull at all and is selling it for a turbo kit. I guess I will stay away till I can see the unit on a car in person. I just liked the package size and figured on a Speed Boat I could get it Coast Gaurd approved like the 'SN/VR4' units.