Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FMU

Senior SCH Member
    I don't think the PMS has enough range to draw the 24s out in pulse width enough to support that. 24s will require an FMU. If you're at the standard 5 pound level with the SN, 10:1 should be nice and safe for an FMU disc.

Easiest is slap the 24s/calibrated MAF and the FMU on the engine and run it on the stock engine management, until you get the PMS and the 42s/matching MAF, then tune that all together.

F=MA

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I would use the FMU and if you get the PMS before the injectors use it to bring down the fuel at WOT.

SCH Member
    I already do have the PMS thats why I was wondering. So once I get that on and the fmu and all do I need a tune or wait till I get the 42's? I don't really want to pay two times or more if I don't have to cuz I don't have a ton of money.

You will be rich at WOT just because the nature of a FMU. Since what I was reading last week you still don't have the correct disc for the FMU? If not you can use the PMS to bring the fuel down at MId and WOT.

SCH Member
    Yeah I'm not sure if the disc is right or not the s/c came off a cobra so I was thinking it would have the 24# disc but not sure. Also does the series of the pms matter? Like I think its the series 1 or 2 and didn't know if that would change anything as far as settings and widebands etc.. I really appreciate ya'lls help. No one around where I'm at that I've asked can help me w/ most of these questions.

If it came off a Cobra it will have the disc for 24lb injectors that is correct. PMS 1-2-3 are about the same just some added features every few years. You will feel the car bog big time if it is rich at WOT because that FMU will climb to about 70psi fuel pressure and just wreck a fuel map. The FMU is not accurate to say the least so when you adjust the injector pulse it can be risky.