Thread: How much Boost?

Junior SCH Member

How much Boost?

Just curious to what boost I will make with my combo and estimated power?

I have a 94 Mustang Gt with a stock shortblock with AFR 165, 61cc heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Tubular GT-40 intake. I am about to install a D1SC procharger and was wondering what boost to expect. The stock 94 crank pulley is roughly 6 3/4" and I have a 3.35" pulley and a 3.70" pulley. Can anyone tell me roughly how much boost it will make with each pulley and estimated horsepower? I really don't want to split my block. I will be doing mostly street driving and I will try not to rev it past about 5,500 to 5,800 rpm's. This is my first supercharger, so im sorry if I sound stupid.

Thanks
    Andy

SCH Member
    The 3.35" is probably good for around 10 psi on your combination and the 3.7" is probably good for about 15 psi. Your engine should be ok up to about 14 psi with a good tune.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KS91Z28
    The 3.35" is probably good for around 10 psi on your combination and the 3.7" is probably good for about 15 psi. Your engine should be ok up to about 14 psi with a good tune.
    I would think that the 3.35 pulley would have more boost than the 3.70 pulley. Im not crazy am I?

SCH Member
    Oops sorry. I switched those two around. You're correct.