Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 94-95 Power pipe ideas

Originally posted by 94BLOWNCOBRA
    Dont use the dryer vent !!!!!!! When i finally hit 10 psi it colapsed into the blower !!
    Did you use the flexible dryer duct? What I mean is the thin stuff that has a metal spiral rod through it to keep it round.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Originally posted by WA2FAST
    Did you use the flexible dryer duct? What I mean is the thin stuff that has a metal spiral rod through it to keep it round.
    No it was the all aluminum flexable dryer vent. Not that cheap crap with the wire ring..I think it will still work, i just need to come off the blower with a rubber 90 then to the dryer vent..
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Re: 94-95 Power pipe ideas

Originally posted by paluka21
    Currently I am using a 4" flex hose routed from the back of the d1sc, through a hole cut in the fenderwell, and tubing ran through the fenderwell where my stock filter resides. Here is a picture of the piping used http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/.../53145kp1l.gif
    which is part number 53145k67. So far the tubing seems to work decent, and can make a very sharp bend without losing ID or OD due to the spiral wiring inside.
    Dan
    Dan how's that powerpipe working out for you? I may try the same tubing on my set-up and was curious as to whether it was holding up. I noticed on the mcmaster website (where you got the tubing from) they say that particular tubing is rated to 275 degrees, and my question is, doesn't it get a lot hotter than that under the hood? Let me know how its doing.

Also, if anyone else has come up with something that's working well, let us know.

Thanks,

Brian
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Senior SCH Member

Re: Re: 94-95 Power pipe ideas

Originally posted by Z's Cobra
    Dan how's that powerpipe working out for you? I may try the same tubing on my set-up and was curious as to whether it was holding up. I noticed on the mcmaster website (where you got the tubing from) they say that particular tubing is rated to 275 degrees, and my question is, doesn't it get a lot hotter than that under the hood? Let me know how its doing.

Also, if anyone else has come up with something that's working well, let us know.

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian,
    so far the piping is working out ok, it hasn't melted, or lost its shape whatsoever. As far as how much of a boost increase, I honestly do not know.
    I think its worth a try, and its very cost effective.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech