Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
94-95 Power pipe ideas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 94-95 Power pipe ideas

Senior SCH Member

94-95 Power pipe ideas

Hi all,
    I'd like to hear some ideas of how everyone got a power pipe to work with their p1 or d1 series blowers, and what materials you used, and where purchased.
    Currently I am using a 4" flex hose routed from the back of the d1sc, through a hole cut in the fenderwell, and tubing ran through the fenderwell where my stock filter resides. Here is a picture of the piping used http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/.../53145kp1l.gif
    which is part number 53145k67. So far the tubing seems to work decent, and can make a very sharp bend without losing ID or OD due to the spiral wiring inside.
    However I don't believe I have noticed a boost gain ( not that I need it ) by relocating the filter in the fenderwell.
    I wouldn't mind seeing more boost down low in the rpm range with a better power pipe, and just installing a 6000rpm pill in my MSD to limit my total boost.

Anyone out there make their own power pipe? Pics?
    Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    here is what i did and the page i made up.. works great.

http://www.geocities.com/skiboyracing/fms.html
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

I just bought one from Anderson Ford Motorsport. The tube looks really nice and is of high quality with the mandrel bends and welds. It comes Jet Hot coated as well. The filter they include looks to be nice... basically a K&N with a cone at the end in the center with extra filter area. More or less it is kinda' like ponyboy19's setup, just with another bend and a little bit longer.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    I just bought one from Anderson Ford Motorsport. The tube looks really nice and is of high quality with the mandrel bends and welds. It comes Jet Hot coated as well. The filter they include looks to be nice... basically a K&N with a cone at the end in the center with extra filter area. More or less it is kinda' like ponyboy19's setup, just with another bend and a little bit longer.
    Don, I wish it were that easy for me right now to just buy an AFM power pipe, however as of yet, nobody makes a power pipe for a 94-95 procharger kit.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned

hp? tq?

That's right... I wish I could see a picture of your setup. Do you have any pictures or anything like that? I have also seen people use the hard vent ducting which is similar to the dryer duct but hard and is much smoother.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    That's right... I wish I could see a picture of your setup. Do you have any pictures or anything like that? I have also seen people use the hard vent ducting which is similar to the dryer duct but hard and is much smoother.
    I need to get off my butt and scan more pictures of the car. I had some hosted at stangnet.com,however they were deleted a few months back.
    I am using the bulk-n-fume hosing which is very flexible, and has the metal wiring inside to keep the ID and OD stable when making sharp bends. However, this tubing is not smooth on the inside, unless stretched to extremes. I do want to stick with a solid 4" tubing all the way down. A friend of mine had a Raceystems ( Byron Reynolds ) power pipe on this SQ-trimmed car for a while, and took it off for an AFM pipe. I may see if he will sell me that tubing as it is 4' and smooth on the inside.
    I will also be using a simliar filter that ponyboy19 is using more than likely, however I need one with a 4" opening that can "wrap" around the flex tubing and be secured with a hose clamp such as what we use for the intercooler piping.
    I would also like a part number for a filter that flows as much as this one, however it needs the 4" opening. I understand AFM sells filters as well?
    I will get some pictures posted sometimes this weekend.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD

hp? tq?

Yea, the air filter that my AFM came with is sweet... looks to be a really nice design. It will most definately outflow a K&N. Question for you... do you have a decent size cowl hood?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Question for you... do you have a decent size cowl hood?

Stock hood

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD

hp? tq?

Damn... I was going to say, if you had a good size cowl hood (2.5"+) you could just route a tube w/air filter on the end of it and have the filter sit right behind the intake between it and the firewall... I have seen that before and as long as you aren't sitting at idle, that is a positive pressure area and cold, fresh air is CONSTANTLY moving into the engine compartment there. It is actually a good place to draw air, but only if you have a cowl... a few racers have their forced induction intakes setup there.

I know that on my power pipe from AFM, I have to cut out the hole that the pipe goes through so the tube can fit in it. I am guessing that if you wanted to do a similar setup to your car, you would just have to end up doing that... either re-locate (on your car) the fuse box, starter solonoid and possibly coil and then cut out a hole for one, or something similar to that... I really don't see any other way, but it is hard to tell without some good pics of your setup (hint, hint, hint)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    I really don't see any other way, but it is hard to tell without some good pics of your setup (hint, hint, hint)
    Check photopost.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD

hp? tq?

Dan, i used a dryer vent kit and it works great, Its the flexable aluminum vent that you can get at a hardware store. I did have to remove the wiper tank cause u will have to run it up towards the top of the fender so the tire wont rub it. Im useing a 12" filter like AMF has with a 4" opening that also draws from the center of the filter. heres a crappy pic..

Heres another

Cant figure out how to add more than one to a post !!:D Kind of a getto pic but it works and you cant see anything with the tire on:p

Senior SCH Member
    I tried that at first with the dryer vent stuff but the aluminum kept getting holes in it from rubbing when the hole I cut in the fender. I ended up using my old MAC cold air kit and a 90 degree 3.5" rubber elbow and fabbed up a nice power pipe that is even chrome and works great! It does hit the inner fender liner though and has caused the tire to rub a hole but no big deal. If you search around Kevin (ponyboy) has great instructions on how to make one and lists the parts you need.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Dont use the dryer vent !!!!!!! When i finally hit 10 psi it colapsed into the blower !!

Worked good tell 10 psi. Guess its not as strong as i thought .. Sorry for having you waist your time..
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s