Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN93 Noise at Idle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SN93 Noise at Idle

Junior SCH Member
    I'm in Australia........

Cheaper to buy the parts and do it myself then pay for postage.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton
    I'm in Australia........

Cheaper to buy the parts and do it myself then pay for postage.
    Well, in my opinion CUNDN racing is a joke. Sorry to hear that they may have took you like they did me. I saved my money for quiet a while to buy my kit, and they have really made me wish I would have spent my money on a novi 1000 kit from a more reputable place like summit or something.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I receive over 800 emails a day and in the past 3 weeks I have had more questions about those guys than anyone person or business in the last 2 years. I know nothing about them other than they do Ebay listings and some are not happy on what they receive and now probably over a dozen people including some of you posted on this thread that the units are not set up correctly with refurbished parts or incorrect sized parts. We all live and learn but with today's economics we the customer should not pay the price for bad business practices. I have told those who have purchased anything from them using Ebay or Pay Pal to give them Negative feedback and that is about the best we can do if they don't read this thread.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Speedy.

This is why I do thing's myself. It's hard to get good service these days and if I do it myself I know it's done right.

Hopefully it's just 1 more strip down of the unit, replace the Ball carrier and it's fixed.

A quick one for you, how do I remove the main shaft from the bearings (to get to the Ball Carrier bolts)?

Thanks again.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The bearing is pressed on the shaft so the shaft will need to be pressed off. I am not at my home/work computer but maybe someone can send you pictures since some who have posted on this thread have posted those pictures in the past.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok got it now.

Do I heat it up to get it off or just press it out cold.

I have heard of people putting them in the oven to heat them up, is this ok to do? How hot does it need to be to losen up?

Junior SCH Member
    Ok guy's, finally sorted it out.

I ordered a new Ball driver from PW, pulled it apart again today (For about the 10th time) and changed the ball driver.

When I had it apart I compared the ball drivers and the one Cliff gave me had been resurfaced, there was a fair amount of material removed to take out the pits. As soon as I dropped the new ball driver in the play was gone.

I have taken it for a long drive and the noise is gone, no more rattle and no more play. I'm so happy it's fixed.

I'm so pissed of with Cliff and CUNDN, I paid for a fully rebuilt blower and I got used parts, I then had to spend $120USD to get a new ball driver from PW as there are no parts or suppliers in Australia. Even when I described the problem to Cliff and asked him to confirm if he had used all new parts he said yes. I have wasted so many hours removing and refitting the blower trying to fix the problem, I didn't think there was a problem with the parts as Cliff kept confirming they were all new.

Stick to using PW, CUNDN will rip you off and lie to your face, it's not worth the problems.

I'm happy it's all done but I'm upset it took all of this wasted effort.

Thanks for your help guys.

Regards

Norton

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Norton,
    I feel your pain, I live in Holland (Europe) and the shipping part is very high here to so that's wy I do thinks myself to, And I did stuff wrong to before meeting with this site.
    We all like to learm from each mistakes here.
    So CUND go's out my favoriets.
    Please post back every now and then ans see how we are doing.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw