Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leak question, Guess I'll be the first!

Junior SCH Member

Leak question, Guess I'll be the first!

I was told the seal problem was fixed. I sent it in once before around 3 months ago and it looks like it's doing it again. Is some leakage on the ouside normal? The inlit tube feels dry, but the coupler looks like this again! Normal or not? It's self contained right?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

No, that definately looks like it is leaking again. What happened initialy? Did you throw a belt or something? How did it start leaking in the first place. How many miles do you have on it?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    The first leak was at 220 miles and this one is at 325! The picture is really from the first leak, but looks just the same. Kinda pisses me off cuz shipping is like $50 and they don't pay for that!
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Did you ever throw a belt or anything? I can't see excessive belt tension being the problem as a bearing would go, not neccessarily the seal... I don't know if throwing a belt would effect anything internaly or not, but it sure does blow the seals to the outside. Oil all over the belt and accessories up front.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Never through a belt and the tension is right. If anything a little belt slip sometimes. The only oil is on the picture I showed you. None anywhere else.

Marc
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Have you checked the level in the blower? What's it look like? Does it look like it is low or anything like that? How about your air filter... an over-oiled fliter can leave residue like that... that seems to be a bit excessive, but I have seen similar from the air filter. They even come out of the box over-oiled a lot of the time too.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    The oil level looks OK ,I guess. Kinda hard to read the dip stick anyway. It looks normal. I never oiled the filter and its dry.
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

I agree, it is hard to read the dipstick. Well, it's hard to say then... because the oil has to be coming from somewhere and if it isn't the air filter, then it has to be the blower itself... just strange that you had the seals replaced and it's still doing the same thing. I've installed several Pro-Charger setups and they are still running with no problems what-so-ever... only real problem I have ever had with leakage was a P600B that kept eating belts due to a misalignment issue and the seals would get torn every time around the shaft inbetween the headunit and the pulley. Other than that I have never had any problems with any P1's yet... hopefully mine won't give me grief when I finaly install it (waiting for this damn cold weather to go away!) What did ATI say when you talked to them? Have you called them this time regarding the matter?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    My belts are set up perfect. I really took my time with that part.
    The first time I sent it back they said it was a misalligned Oring. and the seal was ok. I am going to call them in a half hour and send them this pic and see what they say. $50 for shipping and my car is down , that is what gets me mad!
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Yea, I totaly hear you on that. Guess they were wrong afterall! Might have been a misaligned O-Ring, but maybe the seal was actually bad. Would have been nice for them to do the standard rebuild on it for the seals and such. Especially since your blower has what... 600 miles on it? That's rediculous. Really sorry to hear that, a down Mustang is never fun. Mine is going to be down for quite a while when I do my install... I have a LOT to do and it is just too damn cold to get started, plus it won't stop snowing out so I need the other half of the garage for the daily driver.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    You need to make ATI responsible for paying for the shipping both back and forth. Not a penny would come from my pocket on the second time around. It is fair to pay shipping the first time, however the next time ( which there shouldn't be ) would be on them. Request a pick up of the blower on a specific date, or ask for their FedEx acct # so you can ship it off at your own convenience.
    Good luck
    Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

I was just about to say that. Shipping the first time, okay. The 2nd time for the same exact problem that they supposidly just fixed, well that is entirely on them. I wouldn't pay a penny out of pocket either to ship that baby back. As far as them giving you their FedEx acct. number... well, that's not gona' happen, but they should pick up the tab on that one themselves. I would also make sure that it is a priority item... both shipping, and when it gets there. It shouldn't take them but a day for the turnaround for a 2nd time problem like this.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    I was just about to say that. Shipping the first time, okay. The 2nd time for the same exact problem that they supposidly just fixed, well that is entirely on them. I wouldn't pay a penny out of pocket either to ship that baby back. As far as them giving you their FedEx acct. number... well, that's not gona' happen, but they should pick up the tab on that one themselves. I would also make sure that it is a priority item... both shipping, and when it gets there. It shouldn't take them but a day for the turnaround for a 2nd time problem like this.
    Hey Don,
    I got their ground number memorized by heart ;) They just inform you when sending it out, to make sure it is 2nd day and to write their return auth number on the box, which is usually todays date, followed by the techs initials, BL for blower, then the serial number. ( or something like that )
    But in either case, if you tell the tech that you don't know when you will be able to get the blower off the car, and tell them that you need them to pick it up on your time, they should give you their fex ex acct #. I have it written down just incase I need to send my blower back to them for another leak.
    Good luck!
    Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, I will make sure they pay for shipping. It would be cool to get a polished unit out of the deal too;) .
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Good luck with that one :p
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST