Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leak question, Guess I'll be the first!

Junior SCH Member
    Yea I know thats not gonna happen. Hey, maybe after the third time the will just give me a new unit and then get the polished one. There was a guy on stangnet, I think Dan that had like 3 units go and then ended up giving him a D1 for his troubles.
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by mnm99
    Yea I know thats not gonna happen. Hey, maybe after the third time the will just give me a new unit and then get the polished one. There was a guy on stangnet, I think Dan that had like 3 units go and then ended up giving him a D1 for his troubles.
    I had 4 blown internal seals with my D1SC in a period of 4-5 months. ATI ended up replacing the D1SC with another D1SC unit. This unit blew an internal seal within 300 miles, and am now testing out the unit again. I am really hoping for success on this seal as I hate taking the blower on and off the car, and cleaning oil from the tubing.
    I would call ATI asap and let them know your troubles, you can either have them send out a call tag for the blower, or try to get the acct # such as I did so you can send it in when you get the chance.
    Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Geez, that's rather rediculous. I'd be pretty upset with 4 seals! Then the bran new replacement having the same exact issue! What's up with that? I have never heard of so many of the same problems (seals) before.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I kept was burning the inside of my belt. All looked aligned just fine. I tried two other brands of belts, all slipped to the inside and burned off 1 rib or 2.

Solution: Replaced the Belt Tensioner and all has been perfect for a month now. So if you slipping to the inside, and burning the inside of the belt a rib or 2. Replace it.

John

Junior SCH Member
    Just called Eric at ATI and showed him the pic. He is sending out a shipping tag so I can send it to him. He said it should'nt look like that.
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Good! Glad to hear that they are taking care of it for you... and it seems that they aren't giving you a hard time about it either which they shouldn't. That's good to hear. Keep us posted as to what happens.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Good luck!!! you'll be lucky if they repair it with no charge, they have a bad habbit of putting the blame on the user and then holding the blower for ransom BE CAREFULL!! they got me for $350

Junior SCH Member
    I never had a problem with them before. The first time I got it back in a week. I have the 3 year plan, They will take care of it. What happend to yours that they charged you $350?
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Junior SCH Member
    See my post under D2 support.

Junior SCH Member
    MNM99~~Just get a RMA number from ATI, and they will take care of you from then on. And being as though you have the 3yr and its the second time, you have nothing to worry about. I have delt with them many times, and have had nothing but great service with them (ATI). I belive (dan) paluka21 can vouch, in all they aided him with. Just make sure you call first, so they get the heads up.

EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by TheSVTKid
    MNM99~~Just get a RMA number from ATI, and they will take care of you from then on. And being as though you have the 3yr and its the second time, you have nothing to worry about. I have delt with them many times, and have had nothing but great service with them (ATI). I belive (dan) paluka21 can vouch, in all they aided him with. Just make sure you call first, so they get the heads up.

EA
    Yes they have always been willing to help me out, despite the many blower leaks that I have had. The first time I had a seal leak, the blower was out of warranty, actually 4 months out of warranty by the time I sent it in. They were willing to go halves with me on the seal replacement, and I paid shipping. I was stoaked that they were even willing to do this for me.
    It frustrated me to no ends with all the seals leaking, but they did their best to give me a speedy turn around time. I think it may have been the third time, they upgraded the pulley on the blower for me at no charge since the pulley I had on the blower wasn't making the boost that I wanted.
    Most of us still believe that the leaky seal issue still exists, as a few of us still are having leaky blowers. However, sooner or later they will get this issue straightened out once and for all by trial and error through our pain! Never know, maybe Paluka21 (me) and mnm99 will end up on the "most valuable" customer list at procharger, and be put in their sweepstakes to win $1,000,000, and a pro 5.0 car with their newest technology aboard. (<--- me keeps dreaming :D )

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    I just got off the phone with ATI and they are really a great company. They gave me an RMA and are paying for shipping. Turn around will be about a week total.

When I first called he said he will get all the info together and call me back. He said he would call me back and he did. I was in a meeting and asked him to call me back in a half hour and half our later he did. I think thats good customer service.
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Junior SCH Member
    paluka21~~ Thats really good to know that they helped you out even in the begining when your blower was out of warranty. I know from experience in the past that alot of companys out there as soon as the warrenty is up, throw their hands up and walk the other way. I had that issue with a home item I had (I'm not saying what to not bad mouth them since I do like the darn thing). And I really was left hung out to dry, even though it was hardly used. It was in fact out of warranty, slightly and they stuck to it. My argument was that I never used it, and they were like "how are we to know that," I guess I had to see it from their side, when in fact all they really had to go on was my word. So anyways...it's good to hear that you did get treated pretty good, as far as your blower.

MNM99~~Nice to see you got it all wrapped up!!Makes me feel good now that I'm about to be purchasing ANOTHER blower very soon.

EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.

Junior SCH Member
    Just got off the phone with ATI and is WAS another bad seal They said what they have been doing for the last 2 weeks was letting the silicone dry for 8 hours before putting the unit back together. They told me It was keeping a dryer seal
    As for getting a polished unit.... I'm kinda upset, not because I didn't get one. For a week I have been asking them if it could be done . I thought about that and was willing to pay anyway. They said "let me see what we can do " about 4 different times I called, but no awnser. Finally the day it's sent out they tell me if you want it done it will cost $450 . They could of just told me that the first time I asked .

Later
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Won't ATI send out seal kits? I thought that was the only part that they will actually let a consumer do by themselves. Am I wrong about this? How hard can it be? How much was the fix, or was it under the warranty?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST