Thread: Difference in YS vs YSi??

Junior SCH Member

Difference in YS vs YSi??

I am looking to upgrade and trying to decide between a used YS or a new YSi head unit.

What exactly is the difference between the two?

This is going on my DD '89 LX so I don't want to have the spin the crap out of something for it to build boost.

There arent any compressor maps available, but the YSi is bigger and better...

Quote Originally Posted by Thekid
    I am looking to upgrade and trying to decide between a used YS or a new YSi head unit.

What exactly is the difference between the two?

This is going on my DD '89 LX so I don't want to have the spin the crap out of something for it to build boost.
    you will be fine with either one.....on a renegade car the difference was around 2 to 2.5 tenths.......the fastest we went with the old ys was 9.14 @151
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    Will the YS head unit be a direct bolt-in replacement for my V1 S-Trim?

Just wondering if I will need to change my powerpipe and outlet pipe to the TB. I already have a Maxflow bypass so I'm ok there.

Senior SCH Member
    going from a s to a ysi is a huge jump. mine instantly makes boost and keeps climbing to about 25 at shift points with the stock pullies on a very well breathing motor

inlet on the ysi is 4" i.d. and the discharge tube is also a lot bigger. head unit bolt pattern is the same but the volute is a lot larger. you will have to modify the smog pump / smog eliminator
    --
    93 GT