Thread: Can someone guesstimate my power?

Junior SCH Member

Can someone guesstimate my power?

Engine and exhaust mods are:

Paxton Novi 2000 w/15#'s boost
    Paxton Air to Air intercooler
    PMAS blow through meter
    42 lbs. injectors
    Comp Cams stage 2 w/springs
    NGK plugs
    Manley rods and JE flattop pistons
    Sniper Tune max global fuel and 3* global timing
    Fluidyne radiator
    SPEC stage 2 clutch
    BBK ceramic long tube headers
    VRS off road x pipe
    Magnaflow catback
    3.73 gears
    aluminum driveshaft
    Edelbrock 255 intank pump
    160* thermostat
    BBK 75mm throttle body
    Trick Flow upper plenum
    Detroit Speedworks P.I. intake

my car is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT

can i get anymore power with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or by tweaking the fuel or spark some?
    Last edited by pimpdout98gt; 11-10-2007 at 06:26 PM.

if it has 15lbs of boost after it is intercooled as well then with those mods i would say an easy 530 to 550... maybe more maybe less... i'm not an expert on mod motors plus superchargers.

Junior SCH Member
    wow, i wish my car will dyno at that high but it would only be getting my hopes up. yes i pegged my boost gauge with intercooler attached at 15 psi in a 3rd gear high mph/rpm pull on a stretch of road. i am gonna get it dynoed soon. i had it dynoed in 2004 with a powerdyne at 5 psi and no engine work, just some exhaust and my highest pull was 256 rwhp and 336 rwtq.

listen if your tuner is worth their salt 15lbs of intercooled boost will net you close to 500 to the wheels! period! trust me. especially now you have it breathing better and it NOW has 15 lbs all it is, is now tuning it. Timing will be everything. make sure to post your a/f ratio as well and keep us updated. Good luck!
    93 black gt

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I will guess 410 whp

Junior SCH Member
    well i finally went to the dyno yesterday. it didn't turn out as well as i'd hoped for but never the less. everything went good as far as strapping my car up to the dyno. i will post my graphs as soon as i can get to a scanner. but all in all my air/fuel was way to lean and wouldn't come down at WOT. they had to shut all my runs down at around 4k cause my air/fuel would not drop below 14.8. it sucked cause even though i couldn't get full runs, i still had to pay for the dyno time and the fact that one of the guys worked with me on my sniper tune even though he didn't really have any knowledge of the software. so i had to pay $250 and still have no idea of my cars full potential. the guy working the dyno said i could have possibly cleared 500 rwhp if they were able to rev my car and the air/fuel was better. remember my car puts out 15 p.s.i. but at the rpms that they had to shut down at it was only able to make 6.1 p.s.i. my final #'s were 344 rwhp @ 4204 rpm and 427rwtq @ 3951 rpm @ 6.1 p.s.i. and 14.80 air/fuel ratio. they checked fuel pressure and it was good and it never dropped. it's most likely in my tune but this sniper software dosen't give me much range or adjustability. so i am gonna cal them on monday and see what they say. any comments or suggestions will truly be appreciated.

man that sucks. let us know how the sniper programming works out. i think your car will hit like 480 485 now i think/read about it better. well in any case. i'm not a dyno guru. i wish i had a clue what i am going to run... oh well.. not even going to go there. i just needed to know a while back when i made a decision about injectors. good luck with everything pimp!
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    i figured out what my problem was. it was a simple solution. i selected the wrong options in my tune. that next day after the dyno i got online and went to sniper tuning forums and there was a guy on there who helped me and now my a/f is spot on. i made another appointment with my local dyno tomorrow and i will post my numbers when i get home. :)

so how did everything go pimp? let us know thanks!
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    you home with those numbers yet pimp????

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I will stay with 410whp.

Junior SCH Member
    my dyno numbers didnt really change the next time i went to the dyno it was my timing and it was too high so i gave up for now. i have a list of new mods currently awaiting to be ordered. a new fuel pump, kb bap, overdrive crank pulley, reichard racing pulley, maybe convert back to draw through for the easy tunability. i am currently 5 months into a possible 15 month deployment thats why i havent been able to respond sooner. when i get back all of the above mods will be installed and i will post new numbers. thanks for your help and support.

good luck over there. been there done that! take care and be safe!:violent:
    93 black gt