Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NOVI 2000 bracket problems

Thread: NOVI 2000 bracket problems

NOVI 2000 bracket problems

I bought a basket case car project and am trying to get the NOVI 2000 mounted and the pulleys are not lining up correctly. I do not know what the bracket was originally designed to fit so if anybody can help me identify it I would be gratefull. Here are some pictures:

94 GT 408 stroker, NOVI 2000 under construction

Senior SCH Member
    What ever that spacer is behind the crank pulley is.......it needs to go! Your water pump plulley as well.

The spacer is pressed in place and has resisted removal so far... I guess it's time for more heat or a bigger hammer :laugh: The head unit is pretty old. The guy at Paxton didn't have the S/N in his database. I wonder if the older ones have different mounting points? I'm also curious what the bracket was originally designed for.

It's hard to tell in the picture but the idler pulley does not line up with the blower pulley. It's only off by about a 1/4" so I guess a shim would fix the problem. I have an adjustable idler pulley bracket missing the idler and it's also misaligned. Where do you get the idler pulleys? This appears to be a dual idler setup.

Senior SCH Member
    I will pop a photo with some measurments tomorrow. Only difference is you are runnin cogs where I am 10 rib

I think the 10 rib would be better for me since I'm building a mostly street car. Did you get the pulleys from ASP?

Senior SCH Member
    I see a large spacer on the harmonic balancer and it looks to me that the water pump pulley is mounted backwards.

Changing those two things would get it closer. Not all harmonic balancers need a spacer.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    that spacer is designed for a FORD MOTORSPORT balancer... remove it, and your problems will go away!
    www.kurganmotorsports.com
    WINNING races with AEM, PMS, FAST, and EPEC

N.M.R.A.
    2004 EFI Renegade B.G. Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Bradenton Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Kansas City Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade RT 66 Runner-Up
    2006 Drag Radial Reynolds, GA Champion
    2006 Drag Radial B.G. Champion

Email Bob@Kurganmotorsports.com or visit www.kurganmotorsports.com with your mustang needs!

Yep. You definatly need to get rid of the spacer and flip the waterpump pulley around.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

The water pump pulley hit the balancer when I mounted it the the other way so I got a stocker for that. The spacer is going away very soon!

I'm still looking for pictures of a setup using this bracket so I can see how the idler setup is supposed to work and what bracket spacers I'm missing.

Senior SCH Member
    this pic may help, may not. These are older pics I had on file