Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Max boost

Thread: Max boost

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

Max boost

For almost over 1 year I had always max boost with my Paxton VR4 on my 454 ci engine of 6 psi and I was happy with it.
    But yesterday during a dragrace the boost dropped, it turned out the gasket was blown out between tbihat and the tbi, so I fixet it good this time with extra shims under the wingnut tighten it really thight and guess what ??
    It was leaking all the time becouse now I got 8 1/2 psi boost
    Now I am back tuning the thing becouse of a lean mixture:teeth:
    So what I am trying to say is, are you absolute shure you see max boost ? ;)
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Make your own gaskets if you can from soft copper sheets or soft aluminum and you will not get expansion. I will post prices of what I can get 12"x12" sheets or greater size when I get back from vacation next week.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Ok great.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

what were the prices you got speedytang?
    93 black gt

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Still trying to get them to sell me small orders for the shop. They now want me to purchase it by gross which is like 2klbs. 250 sheets. No Thanks. I have the word out at the other manufacturing companies and will try to split the order.

cool speedytang

man that sucks... thanks for the reply. i hope it all works out. i'll research this too when i get a chance. works got me pretty busy with research but i might be able to find some time next week to devote to it. take care and good luck.
    -troy
    93 black gt