Thread: 351w ysi drivers side renegade kit w/ power steering

Junior SCH Member

351w ysi drivers side renegade kit w/ power steering

I want to run the ysi drivers side renegade kit in my 408w 91 fox. I have heard the drivers side kit will bolt up and the hood will shut without clearance issues. I know the power steering & ac must go and i cant live w/ out power steering.

i know the prochager renegade kits have a power steering relocation kit which moves it to the passenger side. cant i use this kit on the ysi model? Im sure i would have to come up w/ a custom tensioner & thats fine. Im not sure if the procharger relocation kit utilizes the stock alternator bracket w/ just the smog pump removed? Or does it work with a completly different alternator bracket supplied with the complete PROCHARGER renegade kit?
    :freaks:

The Drivers Side mounts to the head, and is low enough to not cause any problems with the hood. A friend has one on his Fox, and I just put one on my T-Bird.

I have no idea on relocating the P/S pump. My Bird weighs more than a Fox, and I am replacing the P/S rack with a manual one this Winter. I just tied the 2 P/S lines together at the rack for now.

I have a full write up on mine that may help you on some stuff.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/sup...gerinstall.htm

Good luck on your project.
    1993 Thunderbird
    393 Stroker, Vortech YSi
    Lentech Strip Termimator, 4.30 Detroit Locker