Thread: dual tensioner...what is it

dual tensioner...what is it

I had a question about the dual tensioner novi 2000. I have the tensioner on top that has the bolt adjustment and then a second idler pulley underneath but it is not adjustable. Is that what everyone is talking about with dual tensioner or do they actually mean two pullies that are adjustable with a bolt? If they mean two pulley that are adjustable, can I convert my current setup?

thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    What you have is the Dual.

another question

Okay, now I have to pick your brain some more. I am currently running the 8" crank with a stock blower pulley. The only belt that I can find that will fit and be tight is a Napa belt that measures 58.5 inches. With that belt however I have to remove the lower pulley (permanently) so I can get it on. The next belt size up is a 61.5 inch which is way too sloppy. What is the solution. Am I defeating the purpose of belt tension by removing that second pulley so a smaller belt will fit? This is a 10 rib setup if it matters for belt reference.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Yes your bypassing the big benefit of the dual pulley. 10 rib will probably have enough grip and since you don't have listed what RPM and boost your looking for but with a 10 rib I would guess your in the 15psi+ range. Run the belt and if you have dust then figure out your tensioner issue. After you run that belt for a couple hours it might have enough stretch you can put the other pulley on also.