Thread: Best intake for 95 S/C Cobra?

Junior SCH Member

Best intake for 95 S/C Cobra?

I have a 95 Cobra, stock heads and cam. Running 42#injects, 80mm MAF, S-trim @ 10lbs. I was thinking about swapping out U/L intakes while I am replacing the head gaskets. I have been looking at the Trick Flow Street and Track intakes, and the Eldelbrock Performer and RPM intakes. I had been shifting around 5,800 RPM last season. I was reading that the TF Street intake was set up for idle-5500, and the Track was around 1500-6500 (somewhere around there). Do you think that I would gain much by swapping the Cobra intake that I have on there now w/one of these? Any thoughts would be appreciated...
    1995 Cobra on jack stands w/ parts all around.

Senior SCH Member
    I used the trick flow track heat intake with my old novi car setup! Noticeable difference from the cobra intake as far as I am concerned. The powerband is correct as your mentioned, 1500-6500 rpm. It is a great intake, I have nothing but praise for it.

You might want to also get the 5/8" spacer for it, to clear any tall valve covers. I had to get the spacer to clear my ford motorsports valve covers.

-Chris
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Senior SCH Member
    With the stock heads, the Cobra intake is plenty. I would wait till you upgrade your heads. Like some AFRs and a TFS R intake...I like my set-up very much.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com