Thread: any instructions for dismantleing an SN unit?

Junior SCH Member

any instructions for dismantleing an SN unit?

i need to take apart an sn93, are there any instructions out there?

Senior SCH Member
    Use search in this forum under "rebuild". Mostly it goes back together as it comes apart so, mark everything and bag it seperately. Take pictures to help you remember. What do you think is actually wrong with it and why do you think so?

The only torque values to really worry about are the case bolts at ~150 inch pounds and the rotational torque value, at about 22 inch pounds, front seal out. the rest you can get away with, tighten within reason for the size/thread pitch of the fastener. Don't forget loctite on the compressor wheel bolt.

Obviously, you'll need an inch pound torque wrench. I use both a beam type and a clicker, for individual jobs.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks, ill see what i can find. should be pretty straightforward.
    I got the blower second hand being told it needs "seals" but when I turn the impeller it doesnt turn smooth. feels like there's rough spots, and takes a little more force to turn than it should. I figure now is a good time to rebuild it before it destroys something. Ive taken the impeller case off, and the impeller looks good. Hopefully i can get this apart soon so I can order pieces.