Thread: No boost??

Junior SCH Member

No boost??

I just installed my s trim today... and whenever I try to floor it or go into boost it dies.. flat on its face.. the car is speed density and I used a pcv valve as a check valve for the map and drilled the small hole...
    Also it seems like my pcv valve keeps blowing out...

Can anybody help me w/this?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Spark Blow Out. Close the Gap to .028-.032 and get a ignition box also.

Junior SCH Member
    Wow... I gapped them all down to .035 when I put them in... Don't have an ignition system though .. Guess I should get one.. Do you have any suggestions for the PCV?? I should mention this is on a stock motor 88 mustang.
    Last edited by lt1kenobi; 10-04-2007 at 02:52 AM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Leave your gap but get a ignition box. Get a screw on breather for the oil fill. Do a search on solutions for the PCV on here and you will find many topics and ideas.

that's exactly what happened to me kind of... the spark plugs just went bad at the tuners. and he never checked even one of them. it sucked. good luck.
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    Need more suggestions... this feels like some type of fuel problem.. I mean it just falls flat on its face dead... Tried switching around the FMU lines and FMU's and still no luck.. could it be me using a pcv valve as a check valve for the map sensor??

Junior SCH Member
    ttt

Junior SCH Member
    I got the issue figured out.. was a mess up w/the check valve.. all good now... but now I need to know if its safe to set my timing at 20* spout out until I get it tuned this week??