Thread: Where to vent mondo

Junior SCH Member

Where to vent mondo

Bought a used afm bypass kit with mondo valve. Where do i run the hose off the back vent. i keep hearing if you dont vent it after the meter, car will run ruff bc of unmetered air. Thanks Adam

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You pipe it back to the intake pipe before the Novi impeller.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks but I mean the vent on the rear of the mondo. 1/4" tube came with the kit. i heard you can not vent into the atompshere. seeing that the vent is before the mass air i assume the tube has to go toward the firewall. Any help is app. thanks adam

Junior SCH Member
    anyone? where is the vaccum port on the intake that see's both vac and boost? Thanks Adam

Any vacuum port see both vacuum and boost. Tap into the firewall tee.

yeah you are confused with what part of the bypass vents to the atmosphere. The big outlet that is oval on a vortech mondo bypass has to be recirculated aka a large hose has to be fitted back to the inlet side of the blowers intake. I think what speedstang figured out is that you meant the nipple that protrudes from the bypass valve that is tee'd into your vacuum system. That smaller line has to connect somewhere in your vacuum tree so that the valve knows when to open and close depending on whether the engine is pulling vacuum or seeing boost.

Junior SCH Member
    I see there are 2 port tree on the pass side of the firewall but they are being used. Use the vac port on the driver side? Thanks for the help Adam

Drivers side and you should even have a open port or tap into one. Use plastic ties to safety fasten the hoses to the nipple or they could blow off.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys you have been a big help. i would like to tap into the one on the pass firewall. So my last ques is where to get the fitting. I take it will be a T fitting. local part store? what are they called. thanks again Adam

'Vacuum Tee' any parts HELP section will have a multi pack. Just be careful on the Pass. side because some vacuum lines are emissions and are timed with solenoids. Take the easy and safe route and use the Vacuum Tee on the drivers side.