Thread: power pipe

Senior SCH Member

power pipe

has any one experimented with designing their own power pipe? or not even a pipe but a better way for the air to enter instead of the inlet tube that Paxton gives you to use..I understand making the inlet larger with the( sucking thru a straw )point. Where does the relationship in size of the pipe work with the length or diameter of the pipe come into play? Since the air drawn in with the supercharger is there any turbulence issues? not trying to reinvent the wheel i am just trying to understand why( they )make the power pipes the size and the length of their product. i know that in the fender there is cooler air to be drawn in..just interested if anyone has spoken with the designers of their products? and I know i can buy one pretty cheap ..but still......

Junior SCH Member
    WARNING > THE FOLLOWING IS JUST MY TWO CENTS

i recomend a UPR piece, CHEAP, quality, piece. 100 bucks. Cheapest by far, it's what I have and love it. Make sure you phone in your order and make sure they ship you 4" couplings, some guys get the 3.5" ones for some reason. Other power pipes are 225-250 + !!! They make more power since there is little restriction obviously, more air is moved for the same speed of the turbine = more boost. 4" is optimal, more is a waste, the inlet of the blower is 4", also the same size as a LMAF or SCT MAF. bottom line, get a power pipe, maf, injectors and 255lph pump, a tune, get more hp, and be MUCH safer. Goodluck

Senior SCH Member
    i know about the upr product,i want to know if anybody has any experience with testing different inlet sizes or different lengths of the piping..