Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2007 'The Year of Defeat or Success'

Thread: 2007 'The Year of Defeat or Success'

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar

2007 'The Year of Defeat or Success'

Another season of Driving and Racing has ended for most of the US.
    How did the Famous 'SN-VR4' do this year?
    Any Great Success Stories?
    Any Bad Defeat Stories?
    Anyone still trying to get the Supercharger or Car back together from last Spring and missed 2007?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    The only sucsesfull story I had this year that I won a 1/8 mile race from a cam'd '91 corvette, with a rotten distributor that not allowed me to make more then 4000 rpm.
    i did 8.6 so not to bad for a 4500 pound truck
    Last edited by pavement pounde; 11-16-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

I count that as a Success.

Senior SCH Member
    Solid general performance from the stock SN. Many track days attended this year. Win some, lose some. I chose to compete in an Outlaw class with my 12 second car; generally a good way to get handed your ***. I did win some races though, due to tree skills and reliability. Sadly, as I've noted elsewhere, the SN packed its impeller shaft up at the end of the season. That wasn't unexpected given my cheapo previous rebuild but, it's been rebuilt now and awaits next season with enthusiasm.

F=MA

SCH Member
    Pretty big defeat for me. If you all remember I only ran a 16.5 in the qtr. and lost my inspiration since. It

Ouch..My Stock 88 Cougar XR7 5.0 ran 16.2 in the 1/4 with 140k miles on it.

SCH Member
    What made it worse is there's a 3.73 posi in back. The following day, I ran it up a bridge and the most I saw was 3 psi. Tried new belts, ran a compression test, started to install some cogs, and removed the intake. Now it sits waiting for me to figuire out how to rig a pcv system on a performer intake with no pcv provision. It's been sitting for half a year. The sn89 is sitting in pieces as well waiting for me to put it back together. There even is a new modified impeller waiting to be installed. I have a gut feeling that the stock cam being retarded 4 degrees is hurting the engine. No telling how far out it is since I didn't degree it. Sorry for being so long-winded, I suppose I should just put it back together so at least it runs again.

Senior SCH Member
    Got an 11.7 out of mine then a lady pulled out in front of me and almost totaled it. Got screwed over by the body shop and went from having the nicest car around to the laughing stock of the parking lot...until I start it up;) Then leave the parking lot and hit second in corner and slammed into a curb blowing out and bending both front wheels and destroying the trans oil cooler...all in front of a cool local hangout...rock-on. But she did turn some heads and surprise several cars...like an old 40's Chevy hot rod with an LT-1:) Then I sold it because I grew out of it, paid off some credit cards, and am slowly aquiring money for a T70 build. Gonna miss the noise of it though, but with how my car looks now...primer spots, scuffed black body, dented gray fenders, yellow primer hood, and black rattle-canned draglites...I'm going for a quieter sleeper approach.
    Overall...success...even if it is carb'd:)
    Jesse
    89 LX Coupe: 306, TFTW, TF stage 1, Vic Jr, 750dp, longtubes, 4R70W 3k Edge, 3.73's, QA1 coilovers/k-member/CC plates, Crane HI-6/TRC-2
    7# times: 1.56 7.44@93 11.72@112
    NA times: 1.86 8.24@84 12.97@104
    baseline in progress.

And the shakedowns begin...

SGT USMC Infantry 3x Veteran

Senior SCH Member
    Been kind of a win/loose year for me. After rebuilding my S/C, i have been getting a consistant 10.5-11 psi boost out of my SN 2000, however, traction is a huge issue! I have a set of Eagle F1's on the rear and I"m still getting little traction. I need a really sticky tire on the rear that can give me at least 15K miles.:violent:

Senior SCH Member
    Be nice to a set of MT street radials and they should last. There's always Nitto 555...those F1's are more of a handling tire, not a drag tire.
    Jesse
    89 LX Coupe: 306, TFTW, TF stage 1, Vic Jr, 750dp, longtubes, 4R70W 3k Edge, 3.73's, QA1 coilovers/k-member/CC plates, Crane HI-6/TRC-2
    7# times: 1.56 7.44@93 11.72@112
    NA times: 1.86 8.24@84 12.97@104
    baseline in progress.

And the shakedowns begin...

SGT USMC Infantry 3x Veteran

To keep my Stang to the ground for daily driving I use a DOT Autocross Tire. I can average a 1.85 60ft with them and they last at least 15k miles. I have 13k miles on mine since April and the tread still has 10k miles left. I only took my car to the drag strip once to dial in my boost curve then I blasted a crazy 1/4 miles time and some worker at the slip booth was chasing me off the track. LOL