Thread: 351 cleveland, sn2000

351 cleveland, sn2000

Just finishing up a custom install of a sn2000 on my 1972 fastback with a 351c 4v. Using a 6.5 crank and a 3.5 blower pulley.Will it make boost?
    I believe craig connely sold me a upgraded unit but I don't think it's a vr4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member
    Of course it'll make boost but, it is a bit small for a 351C, especially given the high rev nature of the 4V C. Really a better setup for a lower revving W motor under 351 cubes. You may find it pretty fun to scoot around in though, as the SC will strengthen the somewhat soft bottom end push from the 4V C engine a bit.

I love the C motor and anybody still building one up these days gets a round of applause from me. It's one of the best and most under-appreciated FoMoCo engines ever made.

F=MA

Thanks,I'm just finishing up a few odd and ends.Can't wait for the roads to dry so I can tune it.I have a aem wideband to help.
    For starters I went up 5 sizes on my secondarys, 1 on my primaries and put in .031 squirters.

Senior SCH Member
    That's about how I'd start as well. I sympathise with you on the roads issue, living north of 48 as I do. Mustang sits on jackstands and the Gixxer 1000 sits in the basement, both looking pretty unhappy in the depths of winter.

Got it completly dialed in today.Probably picked up 100whp from the little boost that its making. Absolutly incredible.:happy:

Senior SCH Member
    yep, a small blower on a big engine can still work, even if it isn't "ideal". My friend runs a Novi 1000 at 6 psi on his HCI 5.0. That little shot of boost is making that little 302 engine crest 450 hp.

F=MA