Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
crankcase blow-by

Thread: crankcase blow-by

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

crankcase blow-by

How dit you evacuate any blow-by in the crankcase ?
    I am using the stock pvc valve and 1 hose to the inlet side of the supercharger, just like Paxton prescribed.
    Recendley I found out that at full boost I have some blow-by, and therefore some gaskets starting to leak a little oil.
    My engine is a stock bottomend and has seen 120k miles so it is ok it has some blow-by.
    Also I tested a old and new pvc valve with a airgun and found out that they are both "leaking" air when you blow in to it trough the hose so under boost these things do not close a 100% !!
    So now I am going to use a crankcase evacuation system connected to the exhaust right after the O2 sensor.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b5/d7/15fa_1.JPG

I have done a Google search and found out that they do work on mufflered cars as long it has alot of flow.
    I have headers and flowmaster 40 series that ends before the rearaxle so enough flow.
    What are your thoughts ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Save time and money and just get a PCV from a 94-97 TwinTurbo Supra to replace your stock unit.
    Last edited by speedytang; 04-29-2009 at 06:43 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    u can also get a oneway check valve from a brake booster off a older car

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    That's a good tip, why dident I think of that before ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    I just run breather caps on both sides of the engine, on a V8. PCV dont do a whole lot at WOT because vacumm is at zero. But with 120k on engine you may have some ring seal or valve guide issues. If all else fails , then do a leak down test on your engine.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It is more important to run a PCV when you have Positive Boost(Supercharged).
    The PCV will close from the pressure and restrict the motor from sucking oil into the motor.

Junior SCH Member
    I may try that.