Thread: 10 rib fit problems.

Junior SCH Member

10 rib fit problems.

I have a P1 on my 89. I would guess by looking at my belt tensioner that it would work for both 8 and 10 rib setups. My tensioner just barely clears the stock fan blades. I know that the stock fan shroud neds to be notched for the 10 rib setup, but as long as the mark8 fan doesn't sit any closer than the stock fan does, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. Would it do anything different if the fan were installed upside down? I don't have one so I'm just guessing here.

Junior SCH Member
    Are you talking about the 12rib set yup on the P1-SC? Since that you can get either 8-12ribs. They do not offer a 10 rib the systems. I know for a fact that the 12 rib will clear the fan, though when you go to an electric fan is pretty tricky. Since that most electric fans are fairly big. The set up will clear a stock fan and everything as long as it is also a stock radiator. I have a friend that had a thicker replacment radiator, and it put the fan VERY close to the drive assembly for the blower. Trial and error is what that is going to come down to. Just food for thought.

EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.

Junior SCH Member
    Actually I screwed up and started a new thread. I meant to put that in a reply to another thread in here about clearing a Mark 8 fan. Mine is togeather happily with the 8 rib setup motorsport radiator and the stock fan. Sorry about the confusion, and you are absolutly right about a 12 rib instead of 10. It's been a long day at work.:o

I think you meant to reply to my post? I am going to have to get a new radiator... I have a Be-Cool that has all kinds of goofy spacing to it and it barely clears my crank pulley as is... so I am going to have to get a new one obviously... just trying to figure out what will work with the Mark VIII fan that I am going to use. I am looking for anyone that can help here... I need to order the radiator here very, very shortly so I am pressed on time. Do you have any pictures by chance? Any pictures of your setup would actually be a great help to me, the more the better if possible. Maybe you can e-mail them to me or something. I need to see how the brackets all go and where they bolt on as well. Thank you.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net