Thread: 351w blower on 302w??

Junior SCH Member

351w blower on 302w??

ill start by saying,if im posting this in the wrong place i appoligise,my blower is a novi 1200,which i believe is the same deal as a vortech s-trim.
    what im looking at doing is putting my Paxton novi 1200 351w carb kit on an 82 gt mustang Ive just bought.
    im in the slow process of building a 393w ,and that will be going in the 82 with the novi eventually.
    the 302 in the gt is pretty stock,has headers,600dp,performer manifold and unknown mild cam.
    does anyone know if the blower will clear the hood using the 351 brackets i have?
    also,im presuming the 302 has cast pistons,how much boost will these handle?
    any advise on this install is appreciated

Junior SCH Member
    hello-anybody out there???

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The brackets will not work. The 351 has taller heads which means your bracket will not align with the bolt holes.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the reply,now im wondering if i can redrill the 351 bracket,and if so has anyone done this that can supply some measurements?

Senior SCH Member
    I run a novi2k on 351w. Not sure is the bracket is the same for 1200 though. The oil feed line will hit the hood if engine is not lowered or brackets redrilled.

However, I did not re drill the Novi 2k bracket for the 351. I did make some extra bracing though. I think the 1200 may be a little small for the 393 your doing