Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need HELP sn-89!!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Pulley should be smooth but it takes a good wrist twist to get the pulley to rotate. Without fluid you should hear what metal against metal sounds like. Just make sure you verify the rotation torque on the pulley before you finish the install.

SCH Member
    ok thanks for all the help so far but now i got a couple more problems it sat over night with it full of fluid and i go out in the garage tonight and its wet with trans fluid around the where the front casing bolts up so i removed the charger from the car and carry it over to my workbench and notice there is fluid coming out of the threaded bolt holes that go around the front cover what would cause this? also there was fluid coming out around the front shaft coming out right down the slot for the key was what do i need to do to fix everything ive just listed thanks again for all the help

SCH Member
    ok thanks for all the help so far but now i got a couple more problems it sat over night with it full of fluid and i go out in the garage tonight and its wet with trans fluid around the where the front casing bolts up so i removed the charger from the car and carry it over to my workbench and notice there is fluid coming out of the threaded bolt holes that go around the front cover what would cause this? also there was fluid coming out around the front shaft coming out right down the slot for the key was what do i need to do to fix everything ive just listed thanks again for all the help

SCH Member
    and another question i have a smog pump delete bracket and am trying to mount my alternator does anyone kno how to go this?

Senior SCH Member
    Fangle it. The SN blower bracket, as is, needs the smog pump in place to get the belt wrap to work.

SCH Member
    well i took the idler off and put the pump back on and now i cant get the alternator on for the sway bar

Senior SCH Member
    You got drop or worn out motor mounts?

F=MA

SCH Member
    yea the cars lowered 2" but right now the car is on jack stands with the stands on the k member so....

Senior SCH Member
    Read carefully please. Are your MOTOR MOUNTS dropped or old? NOT whether or not your car is lowered.

F=MA

SCH Member
    yes the mounts are old but what do you mean by are they dropped?

Senior SCH Member
    Some people install drop motor mounts to lower the motor to clear tall intakes and such. Motor mounts, as the get old, drop themselves as they wear out, causing clearance issues. I'm guessing we're talking about a Fox body Mustang here, kind of notorious for collapsing engine mounts, causing exhaust hitting or clearance issues around the steering rack, or accessories coming close to sway bars and such.

F=MA