Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need HELP sn-89!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need HELP sn-89!!

SCH Member

Need HELP sn-89!!

i started the install on my sn-89 i won off ebay well i mounted it and run the belt and started the car with the piping off and at idle you could feel the air coming out of the charger and as soon as you rev the engine it stops pushing air and the impeller stops and the belts not slipping whats the problem?? please help im very confused

Internal slipping or belt slip.

SCH Member
    but what is slipping inside? i can hold the impeller with my hand and spin the pulley what do i need to do?

The blower unit compressor is spun by ball bearings.If there not preloaded correctly or there damaged they won't spin the compressor.
    Take the belt off and turn the pulley it should be hard to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by daviszx3 View Post
    but what is slipping inside? i can hold the impeller with my hand and spin the pulley what do i need to do?

Wow if you can do that then you need to talk to someone other than me.Call craig at paradise wheels

SCH Member
    yea the pulley spins freely and very smooth and the impeller turns but if i hold the impeller than the pulley will still turn just harder to turn

Sounds like the unit just needs to be gone over.OR maybe a thicker bellvue washer.Give paradise wheels a call tomorrow

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Not enough tension on the ball drive. Check the case bolts first and make sure they are tight because they also apply pressure to the ball drive. If the bolts are tight then it needs additional washer(s) installed under the ball race to increase the ball pressure.

SCH Member
    are these special washers? how hard is it to do ?

SCH Member
    also how much pressure?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    The pulley bolt needs between 28 and 35 inch/pound of torque to get it to turn.
    Torque the casing bolts first to be sure, bud don't be an ape in torque them bolts becouse the housing is aluminum.

Number 19 is the bellevue shim(s) and needs to be added more if more ballpressure is needed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/pavementpounder/Paxton%20rebuild/expl.jpg
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    how do you know when u have enough ball pressure?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daviszx3 View Post
    how do you know when u have enough ball pressure?
    By putting a torque wrench on the pulleybolt and see how much torque it takes to turn the pulley.
    Better not use a clicking wrench.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    ok i took it all apart and tryed some diffrent shims and put it back together and it seems ok if i hold the impeller i cant spin the pulley, with out any hoses connected to the charger and starting the car what kind of noise should i hear? also how smooth should the pulley turn?

Let us know how it goes