Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Guy, inital install question on sn2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy, inital install question on sn2000

SCH Member

New Guy, inital install question on sn2000

Wow, I am finally registered, YAY... ok down to buisnes,

I recently picked up a used, sn2000 kit for a Chevy TPI motor, I am running an 88, GTA, 350. The kit is mostly complete, but is missing the water/meth injection stuff. I purchased a manual from crund racing, so I have that. But I was able to get a better manual from a member a 3rd gen.org. My question is it safe to install the unit without a secondary fuel pump, FMU (did not come on stock kit) and water/meth injection. I am running the 6 rib pulleys so I will probley have some bet slip. I have the stuff to do tuning, so I will start to do that after install, and will not be racing till I get it tuned, but I don't want to hurt the motor, this is not a daily driver it only get's maybe 100-200 miles a month. Also did the sn2000 get the upgraded impeller, because mine looks very curved at the tips?

Thanks for the help. Scrib

Junior SCH Member
    I installed a walbro 255lph in my Fbody when I added the supercharger but running 6 lb's or under you should be fine with the stock pump and a set of 30 - 36 lb injectors (assuming you get a decent tune).

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    You need some form of extra fuel when you are in boost, you do not want detonation with your stock bottomend, I would at least go with a bigger intank fuelpump or extra inline pump.
    The SN2000 should have the newer curved impeller.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Member
    my thought was an inline summet brand (cheap) to boost the fuel pressure. what about a fmu, seems easy to tune, just $200 - $300 sucks.

SCH Member
    if i use a fmu and second fuel pump, can i get away with my stock injectors? 22lbs. the kit from paxton never used any of this stuff, why? i like the paxton becuse of the boost curve, and quiet operation, but procharger comes with all the stuff nessasary, pump exe.

SCH Member
    and before any asks, i will not race this car i just want a toy, 300-350hp at the wheels i will be happy.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Your going to need additional fuel and at 6psi your going to need at least 40psi of additional pressure. A FMU is your best cheap option. If your fuel pump is healthy you will be safe at 5-6psi but if your voltage drops to the pump your going to be really lean at the time of the voltage drop.

SCH Member
    can i get a normal fmu, or shoud i bite the bullet and get the super fmu?

Senior SCH Member
    Get the normal one. Try ebay, people pretty much give these things away. I've had no problem running one on my 88 speed density mustang with stock 19 lb injectors. It makes 320 horse with that 5 lb setup, drag strip verified.

F=MA

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    I would do what these guys say.
    Paxton originally put a extra inline fuelpump or replacement intank pump and a spacer with 2 injectors to put under the tbi in just about all superchargerkits, al least with the GM en Dodge kits.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

I have a used unit with lines I will sell for $35.00 shipped. It is a original Paxton unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    sold.

i will send you a email tonight.

SCH Member
    I can get an inline pump from summit for like $90 I am running tpi, so it is direct port injection, with the FMU and second pump I think I am good. Any ideas on a cheap water injection system. I have the injector that came with the intake tract but nothing else. Can I covert my windshield washer tank and pump to do it?

i am also running maf, witch is much more forgiving on earley GM efi, with tune and fuel curve.
    Last edited by Scribbles; 08-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.

SCH Member
    This is the pump i am thinking of ordering, sound good?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Just send PayPal to
    aaronspeed@embarqmail.com

When paymant clears or on Tuesday it will ship out.