Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Help with SN 93

Thread: Help with SN 93

Junior SCH Member

Help with SN 93

I took my SN93 apart for the first time and I have seen pictures of the in side of other units and on the oil pump I have seen a spring that holds the oil pump from turning and hitting the pump housing. I did not have a spring there is two small holes that one could be installed. Should I get one and put it on or is it not required to have one. Where it been hitting the pump housing it has made a dent.

Thanks
    DWF

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    It is not a must for not having the spring but ik keeps the ticking sound away when you are playing with the trottle becouse of the oil pipe hitting the case, it does not damage anything merly an upgrade for the newer Sn types like the SN93 and SN2000.
    You can place a spring but you don't have to, but make sure the spring is tight and does not come lose.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks I will look into getting one. Do you know where I can gett one.

Thanks
    DWF.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Don't know, maybe a hardware store ?
    Or give Graig a call at Paradize wheels.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I usually do not put the spring on the units because if it falls off or breaks from the heat of the trans fluid you don't want that thing getting chewed up inside the unit and destroying parts.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks, I will put it back togather with out it. I bought this sn93 on ebay and when I got it the oil that was left in it was dark and burnt. That is why I took it apart. It looked very good inside the races and impeller shaft looked great. Who ever had this on there car did not change the oil. But it looks great. Makes me think if you change oil and don't over spin it that it will last a long time.

Thanks
    DWF.