Thread: Intercooler worth it?

Junior SCH Member

Intercooler worth it?

Have been running a novi 1000 for couple of years. Running H/C/I with blower and Ran a best 7.48 @95mph in the 1/8. I have the larger pulley, powerpipe, No FMU. Is there any benefit to running an intercooler on these blowers and if so, who makes one? Looking for more power and quicker times. Suggestions please

Junior SCH Member
    I know vortech makes an aftercooler that takes place of the intake piping, not sure on the gains though.

\heres the summit racing link http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    Last edited by silver91gt; 09-02-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: wrong link

do it and see. Shouldn't hurt anyways. I would do it if I were you but I have no raw data on the improvements. Good luck!
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    I know it is probably good but for $1800, you will probably gain just as much or more with a water methanol system at $300 and a handful of dyno time.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Use a water meth unit and save $1700. You will always have a nice gain from cooler air that a intercooler offers, but the water injection offers the same if not more gains for a lot less money and a much easier install.