Thread: crank/blower brace

crank/blower brace

Running a 50mm cog setup on an 89 and seeing about 23psi. I am worried about flex and can't seem to find the strut brace for the novi 2000 passenger mount. I do have the dual tensioner with the new thick bracket...do i need to worry about bracing it or is it not an issue. I am getting mixed signals with the threads I am reading.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I would not think you would need it since you do not need near the tension using a cog setup. I have seen at the track people making 20-25psi with no flex issues and the thick mount. But what are you calling the THICK mount. Paxton product or a after market bracket. Most using the 10 rib have been using a bracket like what Ian was selling a few years back on this site.

bracket

Here is the bracket that is on my car. It is the factory paxton bracket but I was told that in the past couple of years they are now using a thicker billet dual bracket...that is what I was referring to. I do not run this car consistently hard it is more of a show/street cruiser with a lot of horsepower. I am just trying to get some input before dropping 600 into a brace I really don't need. Thanks for the response....you are always helpful when I post a message.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I can't see you needing a support brace. Now if I manufactured those braces I bet you could use one. lol
    Save your money.

thanks

Thanks for the input.

Senior SCH Member
    It is the best thing I ever did when using a cog belt.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381