Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sn93 ?

SCH Member

Sn93 ?

I just bought an sn93 blower. It's the first blower that I have ever owned. I have been searching the archives for day's now here and on corral.net but I still have one question that no one seems to be able to answer.

Do I need the bracket that goes on under the belt tensior? The guy that sold me the kit said it was complete but who knows. I have seen some kits with and without this piece.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks Kris

Senior SCH Member
    I don't understand what you're saying. There is the blower plate, the aluminium bracket behind it is one-piece and bolts to the engine block. The tensioner bolts to the blower plate. That's all there is on a Fox body application.

F=MA

SCH Member
    F=MA,

Sorry I was not very thorough on my description. I have the tensioner for the blower. The piece that I did not get is the bracket that moves the belt tensioner for the factory serpentine belt(the one that drives the alt,water pump,) I started the instalation today and realized that I do need that piece otherwise there is no place to to put the tensioner. The only place on the net that I can find that sells this piece it is $70. What a rip off for such a small piece. Also since I don't have a smog pump there is no where for the alternator to mount. One step forward and two steps back. Do you know where I I can get the bracket for the tensioner and something to mount in the place of the smog pump. Thanks alot Kris

P.S. if you look at the pic's that Freak of Nature posted for me its the third pic. (His post is right after this one on the sn series thread)The little bracket that his factory tensioner is bolted to. On his fourth pic you see he has another pulley in place of his smog pump, I guess I need that too.
    Last edited by mongol; 01-18-2009 at 12:53 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    Ahhh, gotcha, the regular serp tensioner, not the blower belt tensioner. I actually disabled the stock tensioner because I run home made AC delete, underdrives and a 3G alternator. I built a bracket, sliding bolt, old car style, that allows me to tension the serp at the alternator.

You could round up a smog pump off ebay or a JY or try to fit a smog pump eliminator into the existing blower bracket. I just have my SP running to atmo on mine. I'd like to try the elim. but, so far so good with the stock SP, even racing. It started to make some noise at the end of last season but I took it apart and cleaned it and now all is well again.

F=MA

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The easiest method is buying the $70 plate and getting a factory smog plate and a smog delete pulley. If your handy on adapting things doing the F=MA way is the cheapest and keeps from having parts installed you don't need. Here is the best picture I have on my PDA of mine for my Twins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    Dang, twin turbo's. It was a majior pain to put those in huh. I bet it's mean as hell though. Looks good. Kris

Senior SCH Member
    Twin turbos, been there done that and yeah, it sucked to put it together with the 1/2-*** tools I had access to. Rocket power, extremely unsubtle and, baked everything underhood to a nice golden brown:).

That's why I went with the SN. I figured, I've done nitrous on this car, turbos, only one power adder left...then I added the nitrous to the blower setup. I haven't tried that yet.

F=MA

1. Modified Stock 255whp
    2. Nitrous 385whp
    3. VR4 525whp @ 14psi
    4. VR4-Nitrous 568whp @ 14psi 50 shot
    5. Turbo 565whp @ 8psi

I am done.
    I am getting bored with this car.
    I am going AWD on my next build so I can enjoy my fruits of my labor all season long.

Senior SCH Member
    Speedy getting bored w/ all that HP???

If going AWD will you go Paxton SN or VR4 or will you go different?

I am going import. My wife drives a 400 awhp '04 Subaru Forester XT and stock it ran 13.55@106 mph. Since we modified two years ago we have not taken it to the track but I figure high 11s. She goes anyplace with it and the winters are a joy. I have a GTO that is gone this weekend and the Mustang is next. I am going either EVO or another Subaru. I just want something I can build and drive daily no matter the weather conditions

Senior SCH Member
    Put some weight in the back and get snow tires.............

Anyway, I hope you continue to contribute to "superchargerhelp" espec. the SN series as your input is much appreciated and valued.

SCH Member
    I second what JPJP said. I have not been a member long but your input is greatly appreaciated! Thanks for your time and effort. That also go to F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    Yep, if cheap grins and endless possibilities for creative modification are cool then the 5.0 is still the king but, if you got money you can definitely start with something better these days. I'm aiming at a Mazda Speed 3 myself, in the next year or 2. That car is a freaking hilarious animal in stock form, before any modifications.

For now, the 5.0 just won't die, no matter what I do to it so, off to the dragstrip as soon as the sun comes back. I've had this car for 13 years now and I have no complaints with the old bag...:)

F=MA

I will be around a long time.
    I still have a huge Paxton following and still get around 100+ emails a week.
    I just wish I would have had the chance to purchase the Paxton equipment that Paradise Wheels was able to.

SCH Member
    Start a rebuilding service, i would send you my headunit in a heartbeat. got a vr4 laying around?