Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sn93 ?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I have sold all my parts inventory for rebuilding.
    I rebuilt these units for 10 years and modified VR4s since '95.
    I would have just liked to have the license rights and make some units from billet material using a CNC machine.

SCH Member
    I know it is just a shame, you must have fixed 50% of what crund sent out.

SCH Member
    Have you ever contacted paradise about a partial licence, mambie just the vr4 and a limited run say 3 years or something?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    At first when Crund started shipping rebuilds I got a lot of emails asking why the supercharger did this or that. The big problem with them was they did not put enough or correct tension on the ball drive and people cooked the fluid and damaged the balls and races. Crund would always come back saying that the customer was over spinning the drive. I would say yes they are spinning it to fast when no tension on the unit it was just frying the internals. I seen no spacing/shims on some of the units when people would ship them to me. I really have not had anyone email me about them for a while now. I have done hidden performance rebuilds for the 60's Mustang and Cobra guys for some years then they started removing the units after the rebuild parts source went with Paxton till Paradise Wheels came into play. I got a email before Christmas and someone was saying that some VR4 conversion kits are being manufactured for around $1k. I like the 'SN' unit but it comes to a point that your pricing yourself into a newer unit that can provide the boost numbers that today's engines can handle that a 'SN' can not provide. 10psi - 15psi is a easy number for today's engines to handle even with Hyper-Crap pistons. It is in the Tuning. If you can control fuel and spark you can get engines to handle a lot of additional power/force. I went turbo just because I can control how much power I want to produce just by typing a few numbers on a keypad. Plus I liked the building part, it was a fun winter project.

SCH Member
    I guess that is true. The novi unitis are comping up on e-bay for not much more that 1k.