Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
speedytang - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speedytang

Senior SCH Member
    yeah I have 1.7 rockers also..I was able to get it to steady right around 900 rpm's With IAC disco'd..I think its as good as its gonna get untill I get it Dyno tuned..

Thanks for help I will check back on this thread once its tuned.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang View Post
    Lower your FPR to get idle a little leaner. I would start at 28-32psi which is normal. With it running and the IAC unplugged get a vacuum reading. Is the reading steady. Next while the car is running unplug the MAF. What Happens?
    You can make a boost pipe. This is what the turbo guys like my son uses on his Talon to test for boost and vacuum leaks. You make one by taking PVC pipe end plug and drill and install a tire valve. Take the pipe with a pipe clamp and install it on the throttle body and pressurize the engine with 10psi of air and start listening for your leak. This is the best thing that Dodge/Mitsu ever designed to test for boost leaks.

If I keep giving all my secrets away I will be out of business...lol

I made one of these to test for vaccum leaks. I also blocked off oil filler neck on valve cover.I pressureized intake and listened for leaks.I heard nada so I assume I am ok there. When I took off oil filler cap on valve cover all the air escaped out..

You were also right about my vaccum readings once I got idle to acceptable levels my vaccum gauge was around 18..

Thanks again for help and tricks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I am just curious of something, which Anderson MAF are you using? Anderson has used different units.

Senior SCH Member
    Professional Mass Air Systems 75mm Mass Air

PMAS has designed a new budget minded 75mm mass air that works great on natural aspirated 89-95 Mustangs with conical filter or cold air kit.

89-93 Mustang
    $185.00
    We have these in 24lb and 30lb calibrations.
    p/n PMA-75B24 ......... for 24lb inj. with conical air filter
    p/n PMA-75B24CA ..... for 24lb inj. with cold air kit
    p/n
    Last edited by slownlow; 01-26-2009 at 09:51 PM.

The only reason I asked because when PMAS went out of business a few years back they had a good calibration record till the end. When it was purchased by some of the employees the first units from new stock some customers had been reporting issues. You can rotate these units also to control surge.

Senior SCH Member
    I did find that clocking the unit made slight diff. seems to Idle once warmed up. I will be curious to see what tuner says next mont once I get Tranny in it. Not sure if by not having a converter on the motor IE no load that its causing some issues also.

If I need a new MAF I will buy it when I get it to Dyno along with 42LB injectors.

What are you looking at for a Tuning unit. Most choices you will be able to tune past the meter limits and use the same meter no matter the injector size.

Senior SCH Member
    Thats what I was banking on as far as MAF goes:) This is Dyno shop I will be visiting.He uses SCT http://www.performance-dyno.com/New%...ance-Dyno.htmlHe seems to know his stuff.Few guys at the track use him and he has a good handle on the 5.0's

Time will tell..Just sent the Tranny guy cash to have AOD built .When I get that and fuel system sorted its off to dyno tune.