Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot restart problem!

Senior SCH Member
    have any pictures of the setup. I tried removing belt on mine and it ran the same. Is supercharger working properly? its not clogged with anything? Pully spins by hand with some effort? You had mentioned it was starving for air in one of your posts..

Try putting a socket on a drill that fits blower pulley nut and spin it that way see if it puts out some air?

SCH Member
    I've been reading your thread. They do seem similar in some ways. The head unit turns by hand with some resistance. I turned it by hand and can feel air coming out. I will try the drill.

1. So when you pulled the belt of of yours it would run good too? Have you figured out your problem yet?

So do you think that I should try and block off my IAC. I took it apart and its very clean. Also I will try clocking the maf to see if that helps.

The only tune shop said they could maybe fix it by putting on a adj fpr and a blow off valve rerouted back to intake tube. They said it would be $500. Sounds like a shot in the dark to me.

Yeah, sounds to me like its starving for air cause when I create a vacuum leak it runs with the belt on the paxton. The plugs are black and dry.
    Last edited by mongol; 01-29-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    Black plugs are cause its probably loading up idlin. Adjustable FPR will help for sure, you should have one anyway, then you can probably ditch FMU all togeather.
    As far as a blow off, You shouldnt need one unless your blowing more than 6 PSI.
    They do make a bypass valve which sounds like what the shop said they would install.

you could also try one of the screw in type KN filters instead of oil fill cap.

My motor runs as good as it is going to untill I get a tune on the computer.

SCH Member
    I had a guy tell me that it could be because my maf is on a 90 elbow hooked into the supercharger. What ya think?

Senior SCH Member
    could be not 100% sure on that..

Junior SCH Member
    Not to sure abouts Fords
    But your vehicle may have to relearn the idle after disconnecting the battery. It may have to be driven for 5-10 miles

Just my 2 cents
    Mike

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I am on my PDA but let me get a couple things said. A adjustable FPR is not needed. You can not use a FMU unless you have at least 32lb injectors at even at only 6psi. The factory FPR when you go to boost always adds fuel 1:1 just like a aftermarket unit. A sharp elbow will cause the problems because the way a Ford MAF works. Just rotate the MAF. The best solution is to install a bov that returns the air back so the MAF can figure things out. If you remove the belt it is opposite of what you think. With the belt on the unit it is running lean and the computer is adding more fuel which is causing a surge. Again the MAF can cause this by not metering air correctly. Sorry got to go my Plane is loading now. Later

SCH Member
    It worked.....It bloody worked!!!!!!!!!!!
    I moved the air filter and the maf about 12 in away from the supercharger, got rid of the 90 degree bend and it fixed the problem. It starts back when hot or cold and will hold an idle on it's own. I'm so grateful to all of you guys.

Kris

p.s. speedystang, are you saying that I can't use a fmu with 24lbs injectors? I just bought a 8:1 disk so it would be right. I could be reading your post wrong. I think that you mint to say bov instead of fmu in your last post.
    Last edited by mongol; 01-29-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    yes if your FMU is cald to injectors you should be good to go..

Sorry, Typing at the airport on a Palm my thoughts are faster than my finger touch typing skills. lol

What I was trying to say is that you must use a FMU unless you have 32lb injectors or larger.
    Glad we got that problem solved. Now let me get back to the guy that just mounted two VR4s on his '94 Aussie Falcon and can not get it running.
    I am such a busy person...lol

SCH Member
    Aron you are way two dam dedicatewd to us loosers.

Hobby or Passion not sure which.
    I guess I am just CAR CRAZY. Theme song now playing in my head.

SCH Member
    Thanks for your time guy's. Kris

Senior SCH Member
    idle stability is an issue with 87-93 mustangs period, with or without SC. The SC makes this problem worse. Look up resetting the idle on the web. The idle's made more sensitive by the presence of the SC. More concerning to me is the massive rich condition and low vacuum. My car pulls around 19" at idle with stock cam, it'll actually peg out around 22" with 1000 rpm on and that's fairly normal. Low vacuum indicates a vacuum leak (or, the engine being fragged, unlikely as you say it ran fine before). The rich condition indicates to me the MAF transfer function is wrong for the injectors you have or, the MAF isn't working.

Maybe try switching the MAF to draw through and see if that helps. Draw through works fine on an EFI car.

F=MA