Thread: Novi 2000RR+LS3+2000 Camaro Z28

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000RR+LS3+2000 Camaro Z28

I have a lot of questions to ask. I have been told by Paxton that there are no Paxton Novi 2000 kits for the Corvettes and Fbody cars offered through them as they won't be competing with thier sister company, Vortech, with these platforms. ..I kinda got shined on. lol
    I'm using an East Coast Supercharging C5 kit to mount a Novi 2000RR on the passenger side head in my 2000 Camaro. The engine is the modded 346cid LS1 for right now. I'll be finishing up the 427cid LS3 based engine shortly -waiting on Darton sleeves. My install issues include, hood & front drive clearances, installation of boost bypass and dump valves, and a fuel enrichment system.
    I need to adapt a C5 front end drive to the Camaro to use the 8 rib pulley set I have with the blower. This is probably the better way to go as the C5 system prutrudes .88" less from the front of the block. This would give me .88" more space to work with between the blower and the radiator and fan. Does anyone know whether the difference in the C5 drive is in the accessory brackets, or the pulleys?
    Another issue I'm dealing with is that I have a 2.70", 8rib, Riechard Racing pulley on the blower. I REALLY like it. But coupled with the 8" Innovations West crank pulley and 3.5 step up in the blolwer, I'm looking at topping out the 55,000 max impeller speed at around -what- 5500 rpm? The car is being set up for street performance, rally, and road racing. I like the idea of having all my boost at a really low rpm range, but I'm probably pushing it with this setup, huh?
    Lastly, I'm understanding that the 2000 Camaro Ls1 doesn't run a return line for the fuel from the rails. So I can't run an FMU to boost my fuel pressures. I'll be running 42# Venom injectors with the LS3. Aside from the control unit fuel mapping, what else is available to enrich my fuel:air with the non return fuel system?
    I'm noticing that most of the Paxton forums are leaning toward application in Mustangs. But I could really use some help from anyone who is in the know with using these blowers with GenIII GMs.

Junior SCH Member
    ...seems reasonable.. But what in the Sam Hill does this have to do with a supercharger on a GenIII engine?